003: Furtive

Furtive:

Adjective.
  Attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive. 

☁☂☁ 

☁☂☁ 

I sat slumped back in front of my desk and held my phone in my hand in front of me. Earlier today, I had posted a short video of some red roses swaying in the wind. The caption read: "Goodbye, online school. Hello, academies and private schools." People all over Twitter, Tumblr, and any other social media website had been talking about how the Kuma Arita could be going to their school. 

"Hey, Fujioka!" It was that red-head student that was talking to the teacher about symbolism earlier. "Did you see what Kuma Arita posted?" he asked. He had turned his body sideways in his seat, so he could look at me better. 

"I'm sorry, I don't really follow him on social media," I answered with a shrug. It wasn't a lie. My personal accounts weren't following Kuma's accounts. 

"Apparently," the guy stopped and let out a small sigh, "he's joined a private school - an academy. He posted a video of some roses with "Goodbye, online school. Hello, academies and private schools" on it. Some people think he could've joined this school." 

"Hold on, if he did join this school, that means he has to be one of the new students," a girl beside him stated. "It can't be Fujioka, he's a commoner," she mumbled to herself. I laughed slightly and rolled my eyes. She quickly became somewhat embarrassed. 

"Right," I muttered. I looked back towards the first dude. "Well, who else transferred here this year?" 

"Do you really think Kuma Arita is here?" That Suoh kid joined the conversation. He looked at the guy beside him for an answer. The guy only shrugged and buried his face in his black notebook. 

"What about Dangxing or Soutama or Tokcheon Academy? They all have red rose bushes on their campuses. So does Hirosaki Academy!" She groaned. "Those are just the academies near Tokyo too." 

"Oh, well, I guess he may not be attending this school, huh?" I sighed and turned back towards my phone. The other students groaned and went back to their desks. Why do I feel a little... satisfied, maybe? 

Once it was time to go home, I met up with Haruhi in the hallways between my class and hers. "Hey, Haru, do you need a ride home?" I asked. "I have a meeting with Soseki, but I'm sure he won't mind giving you a ride home." 

"It's okay, Kem. I was hoping to study here for a bit," she answered. I nodded and ruffled her brown hair. "I'll see you back at home, Nii-san."

"Yeah, bye, Haruhi," I responded. She knows what Soseki wanted to talk about. Shit, she texted him during lunch, huh? I rolled my eyes as I walked down the hall and shoved my hands into my pockets. He was going to suggest I sing. 

I found the black car that Soseki often drove. The ordinary car blended in with the surroundings and didn't call any attention to itself. Soseki was wearing dark sunglasses and a black tweed cap on top of his head. No one around the car seemed to notice. I got into the back seat and dropped my backpack onto the floor of the car and looked at the man with a smile. "Hey, there, Soso," I greeted. 

"Hey, Kid," Soseki responded shortly. "There's a bag back there. Put those clothes on," he directed. I grabbed the bag and opened it. 

"We're going somewhere public?" I asked hesitantly. Soseki nodded and kept his eyes on the road. I let out a soft groan and began quickly changing into the clothes that were in the bag.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Soseki started he handed me a dark colored wig. "Put that on too, Kid." I hummed and did what he told me to without really questioning me. Soseki understood I didn't want to live a famous lifestyle and instead keep my identity private. 

We stopped in front of a restaurant. I pushed my bag underneath the seat and unbuckled my seatbelt. Soseki handed the keys to the valet. I stepped out of the car and adjusted the elastic bands that held the black cloth coughing mask over the bottom half of my face. I followed Soseki into the building and nodded thankfully at the man who held the door open for us. 

"Ah, Nakao Soseki and Kuma Arita," the lady at the front desk greeted. "Your table is ready. Please, follow me." Her voice was shaky. She was clearly nervous. 

I sat across my manager and watched as the waitress placed a menu down in front of me. Once she left, Soseki spoke up. "Have you come up with any new ideas? Written any new songs? Short stories? Poems? Anything?" 

"If you want me to perform and sing, just say it," I muttered and flipped through the cream-colored menu. "I've already figured out Haruhi texted you during lunch today." 

"Yes, she has, Kuma," Soseki admitted. "It's really not a bad idea, you know? I've heard your singing voice. Your sister has too. She loves it, I do too, and I'm sure others will too." 

"Fine, if both of you really think so, I'll give it a shot," I sighed and shrugged. I flipped the menu shut and leaned back in the chair. "Covers or originals?" 

"Up to you, Kid," Soseki responded. "But, I think you should write more." 

"I'll start working on that soon then," I answered. I glanced around the room and out the window. People have been staring, watching, and even taking a few pictures. This was expected. I just hope they wait until we're done to interrupt.

"How was the academy?" Soseki asked after a moment of silence. I shrugged and crossed both of my arms on the table. I leaned forwards before speaking again.

"It was okay. Don't say the name. I posted something earlier and now, people know that I'm going to an actual school," I responded with a small chuckle. He grinned and nodded.

"Woah," I breathed out as soon as I walked in. Haruhi was no longer wearing her glasses, and her hair was no longer choppy. "What happened to you?" I asked carefully. 

"A lot," she groaned then motioned for me to sit beside her. I slipped my shoes off then sat down beside her at the table. "I was looking for a place to study, and all the libraries were loud and packed. I went to this music room that was listed as abandoned, and apparently, there's a club there called the host club," Haruhi explained. She stopped again and let out another sigh. "Long story short, they think I'm a boy, I broke an incredibly expensive vase, so I have to pay them back by joining their club," she explained quickly. 

"You look cute," I said hesitantly and shrugged. She rolled her eyes in response. "Okay, sorry, but what is a host club?" 

"Basically, girls are paying a group of attractive guys to hang out with them," she answered shortly. "Enough about me, how did that meeting thing go?" 

"Haru," I groaned and rolled my head back. I turned back towards here and looked at her with an "are-you-serious" face. "I know that you told Soseki about performing, and I know that you know that." I began to stand up again and leave the room. 

"Where are you going?" My sister called after me. Her warm brown eyes watched my every movement. 

"Those songs aren't going to write themselves," I muttered back. I shoved my hands into my pockets and went to my room to begin. 

Wc 1310

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I know it's a basic ass question but I'm actually curious. 

I would want to be able to control time like being able to stop it, speed it up, and slow it down. I would do so much evil shit like stealing, scaring people and slow it down so I could sleep more.