027: Avow

Avow:

Verb.
Assert or confess openly; admit.

☁☂☁

I sat at my desk anxiously waiting for the bell to ring. I needed lunch to start, so I could go and talk to Kaoru. I stared at the printed words on my page and pretended to read the assigned pages. I've already read this before, so I wasn't super interested anyway. I bounced my leg up and down. When the bell finally rang, I instantly stood up and went for the door. "Kem?" Tamaki asked with a confused look. 

"Sorry, I have something extremely important to do. I'll talk to you guys later," I explained quickly. I got to the 1-A classroom right as the twins were leaving. Both of the Hitachiin brothers grinned at me. 

"Hey, Muri-kun," they greeted in unison. I rolled my eyes. My right hand scratched the back of my neck, and my left went into my pocket. 

"I hate that nickname," I mumbled. I dropped my right hand to my side before adding, "I'm sorry, Hikaru, but I need to talk to Kaoru alone." 

"Which one of us is Kaoru?" The brothers glanced at each other before speaking. I threw my head back and rolled my eyes then motioned to the twin on the right side. 

"Can we just talk, please? I need to tell you something pretty important," I replied. Hikaru and Kaoru glanced at each other then nodded simultaneously. Hikaru walked back into the classroom, and I motioned for Kaoru to follow me. 

"What do you want to talk about?" I was silent for a few seconds. I could feel him watching me, but I didn't meet his gaze. 

"I know you have feelings for me, and you know I have feelings for you too," I whispered softly. Kaoru quickly averted his eyes. I only glanced at him for a second to see him nod. "There are a few reasons why I didn't want to start anything with you yet. Trust and communication are important in any healthy and stable relationships. There's something no one really knows about me." 

"Uh, what is it?" Kaoru asked with uncertainty in his voice. I grabbed his forearm gently and pulled him into my classroom. I sat down at my desk and he sat in the one beside mine. We both turned our chairs to face each other. "Kem, why aren't you answering me?" 

"I was told to have you sign this before telling you," I mumbled before handing him one of the copies of the too-familiar contract. Kaoru furrowed his eyebrows and glanced between me and the sheets of paper. "I know this sounds a little weird, but can you just trust me? It's just precautions to make sure you don't tell anyone," I spoke softly then set my hand on his knee. 

"Yeah, okay," Kaoru agreed. The room was filled with silence as Kaoru scribbled his signature on the paper. We were the only ones in the classroom. Once he handed it back to me, I grabbed both of his hands in mine.