004: Conclave

Conclave:

Noun.
A private meeting in which the discussions are kept secret. 

☁☂☁

☁☂☁

I spent most of last night either working on homework, working on my music, or talking to my little sister. I sat, slumped all the way back, in front of my desk at the very back of the classroom. I had my notebook in front of me. I reread the words written on the lines over and over. I hope this is good enough. "Fujioka!" the peppy blonde greeted. "Haruhi is your little brother, right?" 

"Oh, hey, Suoh," I said quickly and shut the notebook. "Yeah, Haruhi is my little... sibling," I approved. The guy with dark hair and glasses stood behind him, and he held the same black notebook in his hands. "Why are you bringing Haruhi up?" I asked quietly. 

"He joined our club...?" Suoh looked at me with a confused face. I nodded and shrugged. 

"Yeah, right, Haruhi mentioned that last night," I nodded. I slipped my notebook back into my bag when he sat in the empty desk in front of me. "Was there anything else you needed, Suoh?" 

"I was just thinking... maybe we could be friends? Since your little brother is in our club, and we're in the same grade, why not?" The blonde grinned at me. 

"Oh, okay, sure," I shrugged. I crossed my arms over my chest and continued, "I don't see why not. Who's that guy with the notebook?" 

"Oh, that's Kyoya Ootori. He's part of the club," he answered and glanced behind him. 

I spent the rest of the time we had before class talking to Tamaki. He was an interesting person... I see why Haruhi kept calling him obnoxious and stuck up. He thought he was so great.

He wasn't.

During lunch, I took my bento box to Haruhi's classroom. She was still sitting at her desk with her lunch in front of her. A set of twins were speaking to Haruhi, but she looked annoyed. I walked over to the three. I set my bento box on her desk and turned the chair in front of her around. I sat down and began eating without saying a word.

"Um, who are you?" The twin on the right spoke first. 

"Kemuri Fujioka," I answered with food shoved to one side of my mouth. I continued chewing for a few more seconds then swallowed. "Who are you?" 

"Hikaru Hitaciin," the twin answered. I turned towards his twin brother and motioned to him.

"Kaoru Hitachiin," he responded. I nodded for a second then looked at the notebook I had brought with me. Haruhi followed my eyes then turned towards the twins. 

"Aren't you guys going to go get lunch or something?" Haruhi asked. The twins glanced at each other then nodded unsurely. After they both left, I handed Haruhi the notebook.