028: Redamency

Redamency:

Noun.
The act of loving in return.

☁☂☁

Minutes before the host club started, the guys, plus Haruhi, stood by each other and talked. Kaoru stood between Kemuri and Hikaru. He shifted back and forth, wanting to be closer to Kemuri. Kem fought the smirk that began forming. He noticed Kaoru inching closer to him. "Did you guys not hear?!" Tamaki gasped. "Kuma's tickets go on sale today at six tonight!" Kem rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around his Kaoru's shoulder.

"Do you actually think you'll get tickets?" Hikaru asked incredulously. Kaoru glanced at Kem, who smirked and winked back. Kaoru turned away and took a step closer to the slightly taller second year.

"I don't know... maybe," Tamaki answered sadly and shrugged. "It's worth a shot." By now, all of the hosts had noticed the way the younger Hitachiin and older Fujioka had been standing.

"Why are you all staring?" Kem asked and furrowed his eyebrows. He, obviously, knew the answer, but he was trying to make it seem like it was no big deal.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Kyoya spoke up for the group. "Kemuri, this isn't the first time you've been... close with one of the Hitachiin brothers."

"Yes, I'm well aware of that," Kem answered and nodded. "Maybe I'll tell you, maybe I won't." Kaoru turned to him again and began smirking again.

"If you want to know, you have to tell me which twin this is," Kemuri answered. The hosts, except for Hikaru and Haruhi, all glanced at each other with unsure expressions.

"Uh, Kaoru?" Tamaki asked. "Yeah, it's Kaoru. Hikaru is way more emotionally closed off!"

"Hey!" Hikaru complained. Kem chuckled and tightened his hold on Kaoru. "I am not!" Hikaru began arguing with Tamaki.

"Are we going to tell them?" Kaoru whispered to Kem as his arm slithered around Kemuri's waist.

"I'm okay with it if you are," Kem agreed and stared down at him with a caring expression. Kaoru nodded once before turning back to the group.

"Kem and I are going on a date later today," the first-year spoke loudly enough for everyone to hear over the arguing. Kemuri nodded in agreement but said nothing.

"SERIOUSLY?" Tamaki gasped. "When did that happen? Why didn't you tell us earlier? We are your friends too, you know!"

"Yes, we know," Kem answered. "Yesterday at lunch we talked and now, we're going on a date. That's all."

"Yup," Kaoru agreed. "Wait, where are we going?"

"That's a secret," he answered and shook his head. "Just dress casually." Kem placed a small kiss on his forehead then pulled away from him.