013: Croon

Croon:

Verb.
Hum or sing in a soft, low voice, especially in a sentimental manner.

Panic! At The Disco - "This Is Gospel" (Piano Verison)

☁☂☁

Kuma, dressed in his normal black attire and cloth coughing mask, closed his eyes as he allowed his fingers to dance over the ivory white and black keys. "This is gospel for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber," Kuma sang softly through the mask that covered his mouth. "Assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories," he continued. Once the vibrations emitting from the stringed instrument died down, Kuma's eyes, which were covered by pitch-black contacts, met the camera of the phone that Sozen held. "Uh, the rumors are true, I guess... well, some of them." Kuma glanced behind the camera to Sozen. 

"That's it? That's all you're going to say?" The blonde asked and raised an eyebrow. Kem pressed his lips into a thin line. His gaze shifted away for a second then he nodded. "Damn. You're always so vague," he muttered before turning off the recording.

"Keeps them in suspense," Kem muttered back. He took the phone from Sozen's hand and watched the video once before posting onto his Instagram story. Kem glanced at Reizo, who was passed out on the couch, and Sozen followed his gaze. "I should get home. It's getting late. I don't want my dad or sister to worry." 

"Uh, yeah, okay," Sozen chuckled at Reizo's twitching form. In one hand, Reizo loosely held an unlit blunt and in the other, he held his phone. Kuma changed back into the clothes he went to school in. "Are you doing anything tomorrow, Kem?" Sozen asked once he walked back into the room. 

"Not that I know of," the teen answered. "It's a Friday night, Soz, I never have anything planned. I just sorta go with the flow." 

"If nothing comes up then you should come over again. Just let me know thirty minutes before, so I  can get the staff to leave," Sozen suggested. Kem nodded and side hugged the blonde. "Bye, Kem." 

"Bye, Sozen. I'll see you later," Kem answered. He walked out the front door and down the street in the direction of his house. He watched as the sun began to set. Kem shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket and let out a soft sigh at the scene in front of him. 

The sky just above the horizon was a rust color, and the gradient faded to blue as it got further from where the sky met the land. The clouds surrounding were plump and appeared to be a soft pink and purple tone. 

It was moments like this that Kem loved. The natural beauty of nature always amazed him. Kem felt calm. There wasn't much noise going on around him. His footsteps, the sound of the trees rustling, and the occasional car passing by were all he could hear. 

A few minutes passed. A black, expensive-looking car stopped a few yards in front of Kem. The window rolled down, but Kem continued walking past it. The car advanced slightly. "Fujioka," Kyoya's somewhat annoyed voice called. Kem stopped suddenly and turned. 

"Ootori," Kem responded with a fake smile. "Hi." Kyoya sighed and stopped himself from rolling his eyes. 

"Where are you going? It's almost sundown, and you shouldn't be out this late. It's a school night," the glasses-wearing host nagged.