026: Recondite

Recondite:

Adjective.
(Of a subject or knowledge) Little known; abstruse.

☁☂☁

"Fujioka, are you even listening?" The teacher stood in front of the classroom with an angry look on his face.

"Yeah, of course I was." I blinked a few times before nodding.

I wasn't.

I propped my arm up on the desk in front of me and rested my head in my hand. "Well, in that case... would you mind giving the class a brief summary of the chapter you were assigned to read last night?" The teacher pressed on.

"Uh, yeah," I paused and cleared my throat. I glanced down at the open book in front of me for a second before looking back up. Everyone in the classroom was looking at me. "In chapter 4 of Lord of the Flies, lazy days and mirages dissipate as their painted faces embolden their inner savagery. Jack breaks Piggy's glasses, hunting prevails, and their first chance of rescue eludes them." 

The teacher stared at me for a second then asked, "Did you just come up with that?" The other students glanced at each other for a minute. I furrowed my eyebrows then leaned back in my seat. My arm dropped and laid across the table. 

"I'm a scholarship student. I'm expected to be at the top of the class. Of course, I did," I responded. The teacher pressed his lips into a thin line then smiled slightly. He nodded and continued to talk about the symbolism in the chapter. 

"Fujioka, stay for a minute," the teacher called out right as I was going to leave with Tamaki and Kyoya. I glanced at him then turned back to the guys. 

"I'll meet you guys there," I stated. Tamaki nodded, and Kyoya didn't respond. The rest of the students left the classroom, so it was just the teacher and me. 

"Listen, Fujioka. You're a great student, but I need you to pay attention in class," he explained. After that sentence, I drowned him out and nodded my head occasionally to make it seem I was listening. A few minutes passed, and he finally dismissed me. 

I quickly left the room and began walking in the direction of the club room. My mind was quickly filled with thoughts of Kaoru. If I tell him everything, he'll most likely see me in a different way, but I have to take that chance. The way he blushes whenever I flirt with him or just plain out talk to him makes me feel... happy? I don't know exactly what to call it. 

As soon as I walked into the room, all of the hosts turned to towards me. "Kemuri! You've been keeping secrets from us!" Tamaki shouted. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to where the others were standing. I glanced at Haruhi who was staring at me with wide eyes. 

"I have?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. Tamaki narrowed his eyes and got really close to me. 

"Yes, you have! Don't pretend like you don't know," he responded. "I thought we were a family! We're not supposed to keep secrets like this from each other." 

"How about you tell me what secret I was keeping," I suggested slowly. I narrowed my eyes slightly and scanned the faces of the host club members. 

"That girl at your house was Amaya Soseki! Her father is Nakao Soseki. That's Kuma's manager," Tamaki explained. I opened my mouth to respond, but decided to say nothing for a moment and quickly review the possible outcomes of this situation in my head. 

"You're not going to say anything?" Hikaru asked. 

"Did you even know who she is?" Kaoru added. I sighed softly and ran my hand through my hair. 

"Okay, yeah. I already knew who her father is," I admitted. "She goes to the same school as my best friend. That's how I met her." Tamaki opened his mouth to say something, but I began talking before he could. "She doesn't want to be famous, okay? She doesn't want anything to do with that. Plus, I don't think she's ever met him." 

"Why didn't you at least tell us?" Honey-senpai asked and tilted his head to the side. He stared at me with a slightly hurt expression. Gosh, I hope they don't react like this when I tell them I'm Kuma.

"She made me promise not to tell anyone," I explained. "Haru didn't even know who she was. She met Amaya when the rest of you did. Wait, how did you guys find that out?" None of the hosts said anything. Instead, they glanced at Kyoya. I rolled my eyes and scoffed slightly. I walked away from the group and went to the area where I usually hosted. 

I have no doubt that he knows I'm Kuma. Kyoya is always staring and watching me. If he was able to find out who Amaya was, there's a huge chance he was able to find out who my "rich friend" is. Any sane person should be able to make the connection that I am Kuma Arita.

I just hope that Kyoya chooses not to say anything and keep pretending that he doesn't know who I really am. Hopefully, Kyoya doesn't think I am Kuma Arita. Hopefully, he think these are all coincidences.

He doesn't, I know.

I sat down on one of the chairs and held my phone in front of me. I sent a quick text to Amaya explaining what had just happened. One of the twins approached me, but I didn't turn towards him. "You aren't angry are you?" I lifted my head. My eyes instantly met Kaoru's.

"No," I answered. "I'm just a little annoyed and for some reason, worried...?" Kaoru nodded. His face shifted between a few different emotions. "I'm surprised you're not with Hikaru right now," I stated. "You two are usually inseparable."

"Yeah, well... we can't always be together," Kaoru mumbled. "We need to be less dependent on each other and... you know, interact with other people by ourselves for a bit." 

"Yeah, I understand," I smirked lightly and glanced away. Haruhi came over and sat down beside me. 

"Sorry, Kaoru, but I need to talk to my big brother in private for a bit," she apologized to the Hitachiin. "I'm sure he'd love to spend some more time with you later, but I need him right now, okay?" 

"Yeah, sure," Kaoru agreed weakly and walked away. Once he was a few feet away, Haruhi began to speak again. 

"When are you going to tell the guys?" Haruhi asked in a whisper. I scratched the back of my neck and looked away from her. 

"I don't know. I have to do it by next Wednesday. I'll be too busy next Thursday through Sunday. I was thinking about telling Kaoru tomorrow," I mumbled. "I want to take him on at least one date before I'm being constantly followed everywhere." 

"So, uh," Haruhi began smiling then she pressed her lips into a thin line before adding, "You're a top?" I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh. 

"I'm not going to have this conversation with you, Haru," I said after a moment of laughter. 

Wc 1200