019: Contrive 1/4

A Day in the life of the Fujioka Family! Part 1/4

~~~

Contrive:

Verb.
Decide on and arrange in advance.

☁☂☁

I woke up with my face shoved into the pillow, and my bare chest was pressed into the mattress. I blinked a few times before I glanced at the clock and rolled over onto my back. This was a decent time to wake up. I threw the blankets off of my body and sat up. I looked around my room for a moment. My desk was covered in music sheets and notebooks containing old and new songs or poems. My guitar and keyboard sat on the armchair on the other side of the room. There were a few piles of clothes by the closet, but other than that, the room was neat. I pushed myself off the bed and into a standing position. Slowly, I walked out of my room and into the bathroom that was just a few steps away from my doorway. 

After I left the bathroom, I went to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of orange juice. I don't think Dad was home. He probably had to go to work. Haruhi walked into the living room and slipped her shoes on. "Good morning, Haru," I greeted. 

"Good morning, Kem," Haruhi responded. After she slipped both of her shoes on, she turned towards me and explained, "I'm going to the store to get a few things. I'll be back soon. Make sure you eat something for breakfast."

"Got it," I responded and saluted her. Haruhi turned back towards the door and left without saying another word. After I downed the rest of the orange juice, I went back into the kitchen and poured some cereal then some milk into a bowl. I sat on the couch and began eating the breakfast soup. 

Once I finished my breakfast, I cleaned up after myself and continued to laze around. I didn't move until I heard a soft knock on the front door. I opened the door and stuck only my head out. Amaya, one of the last people I expected to be standing there, smiled up at me. "Good morning, Kemuri. Can I come inside to talk to you about some things?" She spoke happily. Amaya held two folders and thin binders in her arms. 

"Uh, yeah, sure," I agreed. I opened the door wider and stepped to the side to let her in. As she slipped her shoes off, I grabbed a blanket that laid on the couch and wrapped it around my shoulders like a cape. "What did you want to talk to me about?" 

"Oh, um, I'm sort of acting like my dad's assistant. He's busy with some other clients at the moment, so he wanted me to come and talk to you about this," Amaya explained. She motioned towards the things in her arms. I nodded and motioned for her to follow me. 

"So, what's up?" I asked and sat down at the table with my legs crossed. Amaya sat down across of me and placed the thin binder in front of me. I stared at it for a moment and raised an eyebrow. 

"In that binder, there's information about different venues and locations about where you can have your first concert," Amaya explained. I raised both of my eyebrows and flipped through the pages. I wasn't expecting her to talk about this with me. "This folder has information about different groups that we think would be a good opening for you," Amaya added and handed me the white folder. "This one is information about what the label company is going to want you to do during the shows." 

"Huh, okay," I muttered and shut the binder. I piled the folders and binders in the same spot and glanced at her a few times. "This is a lot..." I trailed off. I clasped both of my hands together and rested them on the table in front of me. 

"I know, I know," she repeated. Amaya let out a small laugh and explained, "If you don't choose anything, Dad will for you. He is your manager after all." I nodded, and my gaze shifted back towards the folders. 

"Okay, I'll look through them," I responded slowly. 

I was so busy talking to Amaya that I almost didn't hear my phone buzzing. I pulled my phone out from the pocket of my sweat pants. Haruhi had spammed me with messages. 

Haru: 
The guys are here

I don't know why

But they're downstairs with me

Make sure you don't leave anything lying around

"Oh, uh, my school friends are downstairs," I explained quickly to Amaya. I tossed the blanket off of my shoulders, stood up, then grabbed the binder and folders. I rushed towards my room and piled all the Kuma related things into my closet. 

"I'm sorry, what?" Amaya asked and followed me into my room. I didn't turn to her when I answered. 

"My friends from school were bothering us about visiting. We said no for obvious reasons, but they don't listen to us. They're downstairs with my sister right now," I explained. I walked back into the living room and scanned the area for anything Kuma related. The door opened, and Haruhi stood in the doorway. 

"You guys can't just show up unannounced. I'll let you guys in, but you can't go snooping through our stuff, okay?" Haruhi spoke in a stern voice. 

"Why are you looking at us?" I heard the twins reply in unison. Amaya stood by me and looked at me nervously. 

"Maybe I should go," she whispered to me. "I'll talk to you later. If you have any questions make sure you call or something, okay?" I nodded and smiled softly at her. The hosts entered the room. I crossed my arms over my chest and awkwardly smiled at Haruhi. 

"Uh, who are you?" Haruhi tilted her head slightly and stared at Amaya with confusion. Before I could say anything, Amaya answered. 

"I'm a friend of your brother's. I've heard a lot about you from the guys, Haruhi. It's nice to meet you," she said and smiled warmly at her. Amaya slipped her flats back on and said, "Okay, I should really get going now. Make sure to call later, okay, Kem?" 

"Yeah, I will," I answered and nodded. I kept my arms crossed over my chest. Haruhi stepped over towards me as the guys looked around. 

"Who was she?" Haru asked with a curious look on her face. She spoke quietly but loud enough for me to hear. Before I could answer, the twins cut in.

"Who was she, Muri-kun?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked loud enough to get everyone's attention. The other hosts were watching me know too. 

"Uh, a friend," I answered quickly. "Maybe I should go put on a shirt," I added and went back into my room. I quickly grabbed a random grey sweater. I glanced around the room once. The room felt emptier. Pretty much all on my notebooks and instruments were either shoved into the closet or underneath the bed.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and walked back to the living room. I sat down beside Tamaki and Kyoya and asked, "Why did you guys come over today? I'm pretty sure we spent enough time together yesterday." 

"We just wanted to see where you lived, Kem," Tamaki answered with an innocent tone of voice. I rolled my eyes in response and shook my head slightly. 

"I still don't understand why," I mumbled softly. I watched as all of the hosts either sat on the sofa or at the small table where we ate. 

"Why are you being so bitter about us visiting, Muri-kun?" Hikaru asked. 

"Friends visit each other. Are you saying we're not friends?" Kaoru added. 

"Ugh," I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You idiots know I didn't mean it like that."

Wc 1338