036: Eminent

Eminent:

Adjective.
(Of a person) Famous and respected within a particular sphere or profession.

☁☂☁

I stood in the middle of the stage with the guitar in my hands. My eyes glanced at the very first row. All of the hosts, Amaya, Sozen, and Reizo stood there smiling and staring back at me. "Thank you all for coming. I hope you enjoyed the show," my voice was projected throughout the whole room. I had just finished the last song for the night. I pushed the bangs of my hair back and added, "Goodnight!" The curtain dropped and I let out a long sigh. A few of the crew members came onto the stage and began packing away the equipment. The musicians that played the drums and guitar both approached me. 

"Hey, Kuma," one said. "That was amazing. Thank you so much for letting us play with you." I patted his shoulder and shook my head. Another staff member gently pulled the microphone away from me and walked away without saying anything.

"Don't mention it. You guys were great," I answered. "Please, excuse me." I walked away from the two and went to my changing room. Soseki began walking beside me. 

"You did great, Kid. How are you feeling?" He continued following me to my room. 

"Exhausted," I muttered before pushing open the door. He followed me in and shut and locked the door behind him. I pulled the thin mask down to around my neck and began wiping the light makeup off my face with a makeup wipe. A reserved knock came from the door. Soseki opened the door just enough for him to see who it was. 

"Yeah? What is it?" My manager asked whoever was on the other side. I threw the wipe into the trash and began eating a bag of chips I had left here. I couldn't hear whoever was on the other side, but I could hear soft mumbles. I dropped the bag of chips back onto the table, lifted my mask again, and went to the door. A middle-aged woman with an earpiece in stood there. Behind her, the hosts stood with excited expressions. 

"Let them in," I spoke up and pushed the door open even wider. The woman nodded and stepped out of the way. Soseki continued speaking to her about the show while the guys came inside. The two adults left the room, and I closed and locked the door. 

"That was amazing, Kemie-chan! You looked so cool! Right, Takashi?" Honey asked his cousin and beamed. Mori-senpai nodded in response. I weakly smiled and thanked them softly.  I stepped closer to the couch and allowed my body to fall onto the cushioned surface. 

"Are you okay, Nii-san?" Haruhi asked and set her hand on my shoulder. I hummed in approval and shut my eyes. 

"Did you guys have fun?" I mumbled. I opened my eyes for a brief second before sitting up and motioning for Kaoru to sit beside me.