030: Covenant

Covenant:

Noun.
An agreement; a contract.

☁☂☁

Hikaru stood there, motionless and silent. My eyes shifted between the two brothers and my sister. I cleared my throat slightly before setting the guitar down and standing up. "Hikaru, any thoughts?" I asked and clasped my hands together in front of me.

"You... You're seriously Kuma. My brother is dating Kuma Arita..." Hikaru trailed off. I nodded and hummed slightly. "This whole time, you pretended to not like him, and-and you would get annoyed when we talked about him! You lied to all of us..." Kaoru set his hand on his brother's shoulder.

"I know, and I'm sorry," I answered. My eyebrows raised slightly, and a small frown formed on my lips. "Even if I wanted to tell you guys, I couldn't."

"He didn't do anything wrong, Hikaru. He isn't really allowed to tell people," Kaoru defended me. 

"I know," Hikaru answered and frowned for a second. "What about the others? They should know too." 

"I know," I responded. I nodded for a second then added, "I think I should tell them on Wednesday night. Since my first show is Friday night, I'll be busy all of Thursday. If I wait until next week, I wouldn't have to get them to sign those contracts since I'm going to show everyone who I am on Sunday night." 

"Wait, does this mean we can go to your concerts?" As he spoke, his eyes widened slightly. I grinned and nodded. 

"Yeah, of course. You guys are going to be in the front row with Sozen, Reizo, and Amaya," I answered. "You guys are my closest friends. Of course, I'm going to want you there." Hikaru and Kaoru both wore identical grins. "Anyway, we should go back to the living room. My room is a mess," I suggested and awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. 

The twins sat down in the middle of the couch. I sat on the side beside Kaoru and leaned back against the cushions. "Why don't we watch a movie?" Haruhi suggested. The brothers agreed, and I shrugged. "You guys pick the movie. I'll make some popcorn," Haru said as she went to the kitchen.

I slumped back all the way on the sofa as the movie played. I glanced at the others sitting on the couch. Haruhi was sitting on the floor in front of the couch, and Hikaru was sprawled out on the other side of the couch. I wrapped my arm around Kaoru's shoulders and pulled him into my side. Kaoru rested his head on my shoulder and tilted his head upwards to look at me. "Hey," I whispered. 

"Hey," he whispered back. I chuckled softly at this totally normal interaction and glanced back at the TV screen. Kaoru rested his head back on my shoulder and continued watching the movie. I sighed softly and continued watching the cheesy comedy movie. My phone buzzed a few times. No longer interested in the movie, I pulled out my phone and use my free hand to type.