009: Discern

Discern:

Verb.
To perceive or recognize something.

 ☁☂☁ 

By the time the hosts sat down at a lunch table in the cafeteria, Kem could tell Kyoya was subtly watching him.

"What's his deal? How long has he been doing that?" Kem thought to himself.

He furrowed his brows and let out a small sigh. Kemuri opened up the boxed lunch that Haruhi had packed for him. Subconsciously, he tapped his chopsticks together a few times. It was something he did out of habit. After glancing at his sister who sat beside him, he muttered, "Thanks for lunch again, Haru."

"No problem, Kem," Haruhi answered. She turned away and spoke only loud enough for him to hear, "I know you're usually always busy with... stuff, so I don't mind." 

"Hmm," Kem muttered back contently. He began eating slowly while watching the glasses-wearing host. He'd notice him occasionally note things down in the black notebook. "What the hell is he doing?" Kem imagined. He shook it off and turned to the easily excitable French guy.

"What's got you so excited?" The brunette questioned then pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent a quick text. 

"I want the twins to get here, so we can talk about the rumors I told you about," Tamaki answered. His indigo eyes watched the doorway as he spoke.

"What rumors?" Haruhi asked. She curiously glanced between Tamaki and her brother. 

"Just about that one guy, uh, what's his name... Kuma! Yeah, that he's going to start singing his own music," Kem answered and shrugged. He continued bringing food into his mouth. 

"You forgot his name?!" Tamaki gasped. He furrowed his eyebrows and wore a shocked look on his face. 

"It slipped my mind," Kem shrugged. "I blanked for a second, Tamaki. It's not a big deal." Kem glanced at his phone again once it buzzed. Tamaki sighed and shook his head disapprovingly. The twins joined the table and instantly began talking to Tamaki. Kem wasn't paying attention to that. Instead, he was too focused on the screen in front of him. 

☁ ☁ ☁ 

Today 1:12 pm

Chem: 
Post something for Kuma? Like a selfie. 

Sozo
Sure. Caption?

Is something up?

Chem: 
Something edgy like...

You don't have to be afraid because we're all the same.