017: Belie 4/4

The Sun the Sea and the Host Club! Part 4/4

~~~

Belie:

Verb.
To represent something falsely or to hide something.

☁☂☁

 Kaoru stepped down the last few steps and turned into the kitchen. As soon as he stepped in, he noticed he wasn't the only one getting some water. Kem stood by the sink. He held a cup of water in one hand and held onto the counter with the other. "You good, Hitachiin? You look worried," Kem asked. He set the cup on the countertop and watched his smaller body move across the kitchen. 

"I'm fine, Muri-senpai," Kaoru answered. Kem stepped closer to Kaoru and watched his cheeks flare up slightly. Kem tried to suppress his inner Kuma attitude. Kaoru tried his best to keep his eyes away from him. 

"Alright," Kem answered. "Goodnight, Kaoru," he added and walked past him. Instead of going to his room, Kem went to the living room and sat down on the couch. He held his phone in front of him and began scrolling through social media. About a minute later, Kaoru walked in and sat down beside him. Kem turned his phone off out of instinct and turned towards the younger twin. "What's up, Kaoru?" 

"Are you okay?" He spoke softly and in a somewhat caring tone. Kem furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Kaoru sighed softly and continued, "You could have drowned. You seemed really scared. Are you okay?" 

"Why are you asking?" Kem asked with a hint of hostility in his voice after a moment of silence. He quickly became embarrassed and turned away from him. Kaoru frowned softly and placed his hand on his shoulder. Kem was so used to the twins and him teasing each other. He didn't know how to react to seeing either of the twins being so sentimental. 

"Because you're my friend, and I care about you," Kaoru answered gently. Kaoru squeezed Kem's shoulder reassuringly. Kem shrugged slightly and shook his head. 

"I guess I'm still sort of anxious about being in the ocean like that, but I've been suppressing those feelings," he admitted. Kem sighed softly once more and ran his fingers through his hair. Kaoru pulled his hand away from his shoulder and shifted his body, so he was facing Kemuri. 

"Do you want to talk about it..?" Kaoru asked, not really knowing what to say. Kem chuckled softly and shook his head again. 

"Nah," he answered. "I can tell you're a little uncomfortable. Plus, if I really did want to, I'd probably go to Haruhi." Kaoru nodded, and his eyes drifted away. 

"Right, right," Kaoru mumbled. The two sat there in a comfortable silence. "I guess," Kaoru paused and stood up. "I guess I should go back. I think my brother might be waiting for me," he explained.