006: Affable

Affable:

Adjective.
Pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite.

☁☂

Kem sat at the very back of the room. He sat up straight; he rarely ever did that. His laptop sat on the desk in front of him. His email was open, and he was reading through the many emails that Kuma had received. No one was around him. All the other students were at the front half of the classroom.

Some of the emails were spam, some were business offers, and the rest were from fans. To most of the fan sent mail, Kem would skim read it then most likely delete it. He pretty much never replied, unless they interested him.

Kem leaned back and reread the words displayed on the screen. It was sent to him sometime after school ended yesterday. It was from that kid that was debating symbolism with the teacher. A smirk spread across his lips, and Kem began typing out a response. Sometimes the choice of the colors used are chosen simply because the author likes those colors.

After checking the spelling of paragraph long message, he hit the send button and continued reading then deleting most of the emails. Kem quickly changed the window he was looking at when someone approached his table in the back. "Suoh," Kem paused and smiled for a second. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Fujioka-san," Tamaki greeted and grinned back.

"Hey, why don't you just call me Kemuri? I mean, you are Haruhi's friends," Kem suggested and shrugged. Tamaki's grin widened and he nodded.

"In that case, you should call me Tamaki," the blonde responded. Kem nodded and began shutting his laptop. He could tell Tamaki was going to stay to chat with him. "Why didn't you correct me when I was calling Haruhi was a boy?"

"I don't know. I just went with it," Kem answered and shrugged. "Anyway, tell me about yourself, Tamaki," Kem suggested.

"Well, I'm half-French and half-Japanese, I play the piano, and I'm the king of the host club," Tamaki responded. "Do you play any instruments, Kemuri?"

"Nope, I don't. I've always wanted to learn the guitar, but I've never been able to afford lessons," Kem lied. Before either of the guys could speak again, one of Tamaki's friends approached them.

"Hey, Kyoya!" Tamaki greeted him. "This is Kemuri, you know, Haruhi's older brother."

"Yes, of course," Kyoya answered. "I'm Kyoya Ootori," he introduced himself to Kem. "I assume Haruhi has told you about her debt, huh?"

"Yeah, yeah, she has," Kem answered and chuckled slightly. Out of habit, he ran his fingers through his hair. His brown eyes flickered towards the clock. They had a few more minutes until the first bell rang. Kem pulled out a pencil and a notebook he used to take notes and slipped his laptop back into his bag.

"In order for her to pay the money back, she needs to pretend to be a host. Therefore, please refer to her with male pronouns or by calling her your little brother," Kyoya spoke smoothly. Kem furrowed his eyebrows for a second before nodding slowly.

"Okay, I understand," Kemuri added after a second or two. Kyoya gave him a short nod back. He held his unopened black notebook in his hands. Without saying another word, Kyoya turned and went to sit at his desk. He opened his notebook and skimmed the words written on this first page.

"It doesn't make sense. His records have no information about any of the previous schools he attended," Kyoya thought to himself. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. He didn't want to give it another thought. "It's probably just a glitch in the system," he lied to himself.

"Why don't you come and visit the host club, after school?" Tamaki grinned. Kem's eyebrows raised for a second. He hadn't expected Tamaki to invite him to the club.

"Oh, yeah, I guess, I can," Kem agreed and nodded. Tamaki stood up from the desk he sat at once the bell rang.

"Great," the blonde responded. "I should get to my desk. Bye, Kemuri." Tamaki went back to his desk. The rest of the classroom quickly filled with the rest of the students. Kem held the pencil in his hand and tapped it against his notebook for a second. He was knocked out of his trance by the conversations occurring around him.

"I'd do anything to meet him just once," one of the female students sighed. "He adorable, he's really kind, and he's incredibly talented."

"All you ever talk about is Kuma," the guys beside her groaned. "I mean, he's not that great."

"Of course, he is. Sozen and Reizo both posted videos of him singing yesterday! His voice is so smooth," the student argued.

"Hey, Fujioka?! Are you sure you aren't secretly Kuma?" a guy called out and smirked smugly. Kem's head snapped towards the guy. An amused look appeared on his face.

"Damn, I wish," Kem snorted. "Maybe then I'd actually have some money." Kem scoffed playfully after he spoke. "Of course, I have money..."

"Don't be stupid. Of course, Fujioka isn't Kuma. He doesn't have a nice enough body," a student whispered by the first male student. Luckily, Kem hadn't heard him say that. The other students, except for one, quickly forgot about any ideas about Kem being Kuma.

"Where are you going for lunch, Kemuri?" Tamaki asked and approached the brunette after the teacher had dismissed them. Kyoya watched from his desk as Tamaki stood in front of the brunette for a second before turning away and going to the cafeteria.

"I usually go to Haruhi's classroom and eat there with her," Kem answered. He pulled the black bento box out of his bag and held it in one hand. Kem began walking to the classroom door. "Why do you ask?" Kem added fully knowing what his answer was going to be.

"I was thinking... maybe we could eat lunch together," Tamaki responded. Kemuri internally sighed.

"Why is this dude so clingy?" Kem thought to himself. He forced a grin and suggested, "Maybe next time, eh?" Tamaki didn't respond, but he nodded instead. Kem continued walking towards the 1-A classroom by himself. When he got there, his little sister was talking to the same ginger-haired twins as last time.

"Hey, Kem, could you help me with some homework?" Haruhi asked once she saw her older brother approaching her. Kemuri smiled lightly and nodded. He grabbed an empty nearby chair and pulled it closer to her desk like always. He kept his bento box in front of him and began eating slowly.

"You're really Haruhi's older brother, huh?" Hikaru asked. Kem had a mouthful of food, so he nodded in response.

"Wow, your eyes are really feminine too," Kaoru pointed out, earning an eye roll from Kemuri.

"So, what?" Kem sighed exasperatedly. He ran his slender fingers through his brown hair. "You two are in the host club with little Haruhi, huh?"

"Yeah," Hikaru confirmed.

"Why do you ask?" Kaoru added. Haruhi gave her brother a curious and confused look. Kem's brown eyes turned back to Haruhi's slightly darker ones.

"Because Tamaki is in my class," Kem paused. A grin formed on his lips. "He decided we should be friends simply because I am Haruhi's relative. He even invited me to the host club."

"Wait, seriously? Are you coming today?" Haruhi asked. Kem nodded to confirm. Haruhi rolled her eyes and sat back in her desk. "I still don't see why... Anyway, can you just help me, Kem?" Her brother nodded and continued shoving food into his mouth. The two twins left the room after saying short goodbyes to the two Fujioka siblings.

"Don't be so negative, Haru. It'll be fun," Kemuri responded with slightly chewed food shoved into the sides of his cheeks.

Wc 1331