020: Hearsay 2/4

A Day in the life of the Fujioka Family! Part 2/4

~~~

Hearsay:

Noun. 
Information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

☁☂☁

"Can we see your room?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked. Like usual, they spoke at the same time. I didn't even think about it. I instantly shook my head and glanced at my closed bedroom door. 

"Yeah, no way," Kem answered. "It-It's a mess since I didn't know we were going to have company today, and I didn't clean it." Hikaru raised an eyebrow and placed one of his hands on his hip. He opened his mouth to begin arguing, and his brother stood there silently and watching. 

"But that girl was here earlier," he responded. "Who is she? Is she your girlfriend? Are you seeing someone?" Hikaru glanced at Kaoru. Kaoru's eyebrows furrowed, and he watched Hikaru with a worried look. 

"Ugh, why are you always asking those sort of questions?" I asked and rolled my eyes. Haruhi stood in front of me and gave me that "seriously?" look. 

"You know, if you just answered those questions, they wouldn't bother you anymore," Haru explained. I have thought of that before, but the stubborn competitive part of me didn't want them to win. 

"Fine, I guess you're right. She was just a friend, I'm not seeing anyone, and I'm bisexual, okay? Okay," I responded and shifted my gaze between the two Hitachiins. 

"Oh, right," Haruhi thought out loud. "Do you guys want anything to drink?" I pulled my phone out and began scrolling through my personal Instagram. I continued listening to the guys and Haruhi talk, but I kept my eyes on the screen. 

The TV, which had been playing some pop culture news show had started talking about Kuma... Great. I scanned the living room for the control. Once I found it, I pressed the button on the very top right corner. "Hey! Why'd you do that?" Tamaki whined.

"Everyone is always talking about him. I don't see what the big deal is, and it gets annoying after some time," I explained and sighed. I held the control in my hand and waved it around as I spoke. Hikaru plucked the remote from my hand and turned the TV back on. "Hikaru-" I began, but he cut me off.

"Shush, Muri-kun," he muttered and raised the volume. I groaned and rolled my eyes before turning back to my phone. I tried really hard to not listen, but I did anyway.

"In the video, Kuma says, and I quote: 'the rumors are true. Well, I guess some of them'. There's only one clear explanation," the hostess said to the other two talk show hosts. "Not to mention there has been a few videos of him singing original songs posted on his Instagram and Snacpchat." The other two nodded in agreement.

"I completely agree," he replied. "We tried getting some answers from Nakoa Soseki, Kuma's manager, but he refused to say anything." A clip played on the TV.

Soseki was checking his phone and walking down the street. It was the street right outside the label company's office. "Sir, is Kuma going to have a few concerts in the near future?"

"Uh, please excuse me," the manager answered. He kept his cool on the outside, but I knew he was beyond annoyed by the dozens of microphones and cameras. "I'm extremely busy. I can't speak right now," Soseki added. The TV went back to the TV show hosts sitting at a desk.

"With all the new song teasers, he has to be at least planning to come out with an album, right?" The third host finally spoke.

"Yes, of course," the first host spoke again. I don't know their names, and I don't really care either. "But back to the topic of concerts... Kuma is a teenager; he goes to high school. If the concert is in any other country, he'd obviously need to fly there meaning he'd be absent, and his classmates would find out his real identity."

"Oh?" I mumbled and pretended to be surprised. "Does that mean there are going to be tons of tourists walking around all the time?" I thought out loud. "Wait, is Kuma even that popular among non-Japanese people?"

"Of course, he is," Kaoru responded. "It's hard not to like him."

"I disagree," I responded and smirked slightly. Kaoru narrowed his eyes at me, and I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. I chuckled slightly, and I could see Kaoru begin to smile. "I'm going to go check on Haru," I muttered before standing up and going to the kitchen. I leaned on the counter and watched as Haruhi poured the tea into the cup. 

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you like Kaoru," she mumbled only loud enough for me to hear. I scoffed and shook my head. "I'm serious, Kem. You two seem really close."

"You're imagining things, Haru," I responded even though I was well aware of my slowly developing feelings. "That girl that was here earlier, that's Amaya, Soseki's daughter. She was bringing some things over for me since Soseki was busy," I said to change the subject. 

"What kind of things?" Haruhi answered. She glanced at me and filled the last few cups with. I crossed my arms over my chest, and a small smile began to form on my lips. 

"Just some plans for some future events," I answered vaguely. She rolled her eyes and motioned for me to continue. "For Kuma's concerts," I explained in an even quieter whisper. Haruhi stared at me with an excited expression. Her eyes sparkled as she watched me stand up straight then shrug. "I was thinking you two can hang out at the concert since no one else knows who she is," I suggested. 

"That sounds like a good idea," Haruhi agreed and nodded. She placed all the cups on a serving tray and began walking to the living room. I subconsciously placed my hands inside the pockets of my sweats and followed her back to the living room. 

"We aren't lying, Tamaki," Hikaru groaned. "He really did reply to our comments." I sat down on the floor beside one of the armrests since my original spot was taken by Mori-senpai. Haruhi passed out the drinks, and Honey held a box in front of her. 

"We brought some treats, Haru-chan!" The bubbly third-year and the rest of the hosts allowed Haruhi to pick which one she wanted first. I ran my fingers through my brown hair and tilted my head up. Kaoru was already staring down at me with his arm resting on the armrest. I sent a crooked smile at him and uncrossed my legs, so they were spread out in front of me. Kaoru smiled nervously back at me. His cheeks slightly flared up. "Do you want any cake, Kemie-chan?" Honey's voice called me back to the group. 

"No, thanks, Senpai," I answered and shook my head. Honey nodded and turned away from me. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested both of my arms across my knees. I was silent for a few moments, lost in my thoughts. "Are you doing anything today? Because if not, I need to do some studying," I spoke out loud. 

"No, Muri-kun," Hikaru denied and sighed. He shook his head and closed his eyes disapprovingly. 

"You're not allowed to study. You have to spend the day with us," Kaoru added. I felt Kaoru reach over. His slender fingers ran through my hair, so I leaned into his touch. I rolled my head back and made eye contact with him. 

"Fine, I'll study later... just for you, Babe," I said in a teasing tone. I winked at Kaoru and watched as his cheeks became even pinker. 

"Thanks, Babe," Kaoru responded a second later. He grinned and blew a kiss at down at me. 

"What was that?" Haruhi asked. I turned towards her and stared at her was a confused face. She raised an eyebrow and waited for me to answer. 

"What was what?" I asked and tilted my head slightly to the side and pretended that I didn't just blatantly flirt with Kaoru. Haruhi shook her head and muttered a quick "nevermind". 

Wc 1390