two. peanut butter and marshmallows

Start from the beginning

"I only have enough money for two people so..." Five said, trying to convince them to back out and mind their own business.

"No problem. Then we'll steal." Klaus stated as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"We can't steal." Five argued, hoping that Klaus would just get tired of bickering.

"Eight has the ability to control moving objects with her mind. You can teleport." Klaus pointed out. Five sighed in annoyance, "Alright. Just follow me, okay? I spotted a doughnut store near our house after the mission."

"Let's go~" Klaus chimed, opening the door. "Are you crazy? Let's wait for a few hours, when everyone is asleep. Don't want the old man to catch us sneaking out, do you?" Eight stated, getting out of the door and walking down the stairs.

"Where you going then?" Five asked, jumping towards where she was. "Going to eat." Eight stated, walking down a little faster until she reached the ground floor. Five jumped to where she was, again.

"Dinner was just ended an hour ago." he pointed out. "I know." Eight took bread out of the container, and took out some marshmallows and the peanut butter with it.

She wasn't supposed to get hungry, but then Five mentioned donuts. Donuts=food=hungry.

"By the way, I discovered something. You're gonna love it." she stated and started spreading the peanut butter evenly into the loaf of bread. She placed a few marshmallows on top and handed it to Five. Five gave her a skeptical look before eating it, which he found out to be very good.

Vanya walked in the kitchen, pausing when she saw Five and Eight eating sandwiches. Eight spotted her by the corner of her eye and gave her a smile. "Want some? I made it myself." she offered. Vanya just smiled and shook her head, she didn't want to cause any trouble.

"Wanna go talk while we wait for everyone to fall asleep?" Eight suggested. Five nodded and took her hand, jumping both of them into her room.

In less than a second, they were there. Eight sighed in relief when she noticed that Klaus and Ben weren't there. It would have been very awkward for her and Five if they were seen holding hands.

They sat at the windowpane with their legs hanging off. Eight's bedroom was near the attic, and there was a ladder from her wall going to outside the academy.

"You know, it's kinda unfair that we don't have names and the rest of them has." Eight stated and looked down. "I mean, I could have been a Jessica or something."

"Jessica? Really?" Five started to laugh. He enjoyed these moments with her, just peace and quiet. Their whole family was one huge giant mess, and she was the only person who could make him laugh. A Genuine laugh, if so.

"Do you think there are peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches in hell?" Five asked, dangling his legs. Eight beamed at his question. "You like it?"

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." That was a lie. Five loved it. But his pride was too high for him to admit anything.

"Maybe. Why don't you go and find out?"

"I want to time travel." Five blurted after a few minutes of silence. He didn't say this since he wanted to start a conversation with Eight, which he did, but he really wanted to time travel.

"If you do, don't forget to bring me along." Eight laughed. "Where do you want to go, the past or the future?"

"Future, for sure." Five replied.

"Yeah. I think so too. I wanna see if Ben grows taller." Eight stated. Five felt a small pang in his chest. Maybe she liked Ben? It made sense for him, since they were also very close.

"So, you and Ben, huh?"

"What? No! Ew! He's like my brother!"

"Oh, okay." Five felt relieved. They stayed silent for a few minutes, but It wasn't the kind of silence that felt super awkward, it was the silence that made them feel calm.

"Remember that time when you kicked Diego on his face?"

Just like that, they started talking, again.