Ch. 23 The Notebook

Start from the beginning

The brunette boy sighed in defeat, "V's always been hard to figure out, even I have trouble sometimes. He's just never good at dealing with problems besides putting on an ice mask, but believe me when I tell you that he really does care about you."

As much as Jennie would like to believe that, she needs to give herself the benefit of the doubt. She doesn't know what's going on in V's head right now, so she needs to protect herself first.

When her peripheral vision caught V walking by from afar, Glacia growled in agreement with her master. "Go for it", Glacia signaled. Jennie bitterly scoffed, "We'll see about that." Without hesitation, she went to execute that new idea.

"Uhh, Jennie-noona," Jungkook nervously followed the changed girl. "What are you going to do?"

"You'll see."

"Ohh nooo..." The younger has never seen her like this. When did Jennie have a cold look on her face?

When he saw that she was headed for the Mission Board that was also in the Diamond lobby, he sent a distress text to Lisa because he was done dealing with a girl's problems.

To RattyLali:

SOS Jennie boutta do somethin bad! Diamond Mission Board ASAFP!!

The swift Mink Shifter must've already been in the Diamond because all three of them arrived at the Diamond lobby at the same time where V and a few other trainees were gathered, one of them was the girl that has been talking to V a lot lately, Park Kahee is her name.

Lisa read Jennie's dark and jealous face to know exactly what Jungkook and Jennie were talking about before. Before the silently raging brunette could say something, Lisa spoke up, "Hey, V-oppa, you going on a mission now?"

V curtly nodded at her, "Yeah, some amateur gang is playing around with making bombs. I'm taking some of your trainees, Jungkook."

The Sky Master's eyes swept across the group in a quick evaluation. "Yeah, they told me. I approved them."

Jennie stepped up, not liking that she wasn't even spared a glance this whole time. "Can I come?"

She watched as V's jaw subtly tensed before briefly answering, "No." Then he quickly exited with his group.

Jennie was about to stop him when someone softly grabbed her arm. She was taken aback when she saw Kahee with a gentle apologetic smile, "I'm sorry, Jennie-ssi. But we already went through the plan and we're leaving now. It would take some time to catch you up anyway, so it's best if you stayed behind."

Jennie yanked her arm out of the grip and tightly smiled, "Thanks for the concern but I think I'm capable of going on a mission."

Kahee's smile dropped into a scowl and that's the confirmation that she was being fake all along. "Why are you suddenly barging in? If you wanted to go on a mission, you should've asked way before. I thought you always knew what Master V was up to." She purposefully said that to get Jennie riled up. She smirked, "Oh wait, he's been ignoring you, hasn't he? Tsk, he probably finally realized how weak and useless you are after that mission."

Jennie snarled, memories of that day flashing back. "I wouldn't call what I did weak and useless."

"Whatever the reason, I'm the one by his side now." Kahee obnoxiously patted Jennie's head. "I'll take care of him for you."

In response, Jennie exaggeratedly made gagging noises right at the girl's face. "You're fuckin' delusional. Never mind, I wouldn't want to go on a mission with you anyway."

"You would get in the way, anyway," Kahee countered.

The front door opened to reveal V who called out, "Kahee! Let's go!"