💔 Old habits 💔

"You stopped."

A puff of smoke slid between Chaehyun's parted lips, drifting up into the air and vanishing out of sight. Chaehyun leaned against the wall, one hand in his pocket and the other holding the stick that had caused him so many problems in the past.

Taeyong stood beside him, eyes narrowed as the younger boy blatantly ignored him. Scoffing, Taeyong ripped the cigarette from Chaehyun's hand and threw it to the ground, stomping all over it. Chaehyun said nothing. He let his hands fall to his sides as he stared ahead, the old blank look he used to always wear slowly appearing.

Taeyong chuckled bitterly. "I knew you were too fucking okay."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Snapped the younger boy.

"It means, Chaehyun that you was handling things far too well for somebody who got stalked for months, into a car crash by said stalker and then abducted by the stalker and your own fucking mother. You're way too fucking okay." Chaehyun said nothing, eyes averting to the ground.

What could he say? Taeyong was right. He had been handling things far too well for somebody who had been through such tragedy and pain. Chaehyun knew he would crack at some point, it was just a matter of time before he did and today had been his breaking point. Old habits made their way forward.

He was back to the old, closed off, blank version of him; the version of him that he hated.

"We finally got over this stage in your life, Chaehyun! What happened to the gum?"

Chaehyun sighed and rested his head against the cold brick wall, his eyes fluttered closed. "Gum can't take away the stress."

"What and smoking can? This is slow su-"

"Don't you dare say that word." It's very rare that Chaehyun gets serious and even rarer when he snaps at Taeyong, this wasn't like him at all. Not anymore. "There's only so much fucking pain I can take! In my life I've had to deal with shit upon shit upon shit! It's only a matter of time before I break and go insane! Just be thankful I chose smoking and not a different method."

Taeyong bit his lip, eyes glossing over as he stared at the boy who looked so familiar yet was acting like a stranger. "What about Hanra? Daeyoon? Your grandparents how are they going to feel-"

"It's one fucking cigarette Taeyong. For fucks sake, you're acting like I just started up a drug addiction. I just needed one to relieve the stress!" He had dropped all formalities, he wasn't playing around anymore. Chaehyun wasn't someone to be messed with, he was a broken soul who needed repairing and Taeyong intended to do just that.

Pushing himself off of the wall, he turned on his heel and headed inside leaving the younger boy with his thoughts. Chaehyun hated himself; he felt weak and stupid for giving in so easily.

Taeyong left him an hour ago, he felt numb and he wasn't sure whether it was from the emotional pain eating away at him or the cold. With his hands stuffed in his pockets, he chewed on the watermelon flavoured gum.

"You're an idiot, Chaehyun." He jolted upright at the familiar voice of Yeri, she stood with her arms folded and pain in her eyes. "But a struggling idiot and for that I guess I can forgive you for giving in to yourself."

She stood beside him and rested her head on his shoulder. "Lucas is currently in China, I called him on the way over here and he wants you to know that when he gets home you're going to be having a serious talk with him, which is hard to imagine between you two because you're never serious."

Chaehyun hummed and rested his head on top of hers. "We can be serious, Lucas gets serious when it comes to my health and shit."

"You really care about each other, it's cute."

"What are you doing here, Yeri?" Chaehyun's voice was soft compared to how it was when he spoke to Taeyong. He felt her shift slightly and looked down at her to find her eyes. She grabbed onto his hand and squeezed it causing him to smile. He lifted their locked fingers and pressed a kiss to the back of her hand.

"Taeyong called me. He's worried about you Chae and since Lucas isn't here and well...you probably wouldn't want to see Dahyun, I was the next best person I guess." She shrugged, turning to look out into the distance.

"After Lucas yes. But not Dahyun. I would've requested you over Dahyun. She holds a special place in my heart, but you've been there for me since we first met but unfortunately for you my little Yeri bear, Lucas is my best friend." Yeri giggled.

"Never call me Yeri bear again and I'm happy that I can be after Lucas. Everyone knows he holds the key to your heart," she teased and poked a dimple as he looked down and laughed.

Chaehyun nodded. "He does, but so do you."

Yeri nudged him with her shoulder causing him to chuckle, she giggled upon hearing him laugh before standing in front of him. Chaehyun looked down at her as she slid her hands inside his jacket and locked her hand behind his back. Smiling, he pressed a kiss to her head and wrapped his jacket around her the best he could.

He was pressed against a wall, her body against his. Her chin on his chest as she looked up at him with big eyes and Chaehyun felt like he could melt. His hands were placed firmly on the middle section of her back, holding her against him.

"No more smoking?"

Chaehyun sighed before pressing a kiss to her nose. "No more smoking. I think I need to learn how to open up."

Yeri nodded. "No matter what, we're all on your side. It's okay not be okay Chaehyun. You have me to talk to, Lucas, the boys, everyone the company! My girls could always take you out to take your mind off of things, they love you!"

Chaehyun blushed remembering the last time he spent the day alone with Red Velvet, he received many compliments and had his arms around both Joy and Seulgi the entire day, not that he could complain, he liked the attention...not so sure whether Yeri did or not though. She got a little jealous that her best friend had been taken away from her.

"Didn't you get jealous last time?" Chaehyun smirked causing Yeri to groan and hide her face in his chest. "Hey it's okay, but you're gonna have to fight with Lucas about who gets my heart on what days."

She scoffed and slapped his chest playfully. "I hate you."

"And I love you."

No words were spoken after that, none needed to be exchanged. They were happy in each other's company, pressed against each other under sad circumstances, but they were happy with each other regardless.

________________
So it's now 6:41, I am about to go to sleep but I actually really love this chapter! Yeri and Chaehyun just make my heart burst! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading!

This wasn't proofread.

Thank you for the support!

You are appreciated 💓

- Blue x