◎ Gum ◎

One Year Ago.

"You can't keep keep doing this to yourself, Chae. It's not safe!"

He twirled the lighter in his hand as his back rested against the cool brick wall, cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Taeyong stepped closer, snatching the stick from between his pink lips and threw it on the ground, making sure to stamp on it. Chaehyun watched without objection.

He knew it was bad for him, he knew that it would ruin is reputation if the media found out. He knew all of the downsides and as much as he wanted to stop, he couldn't. It was his way of releasing the stress and pain he kept inside.

With a long sigh, Taeyong slid down the wall and threw his arm over the younger boys shoulder. He knew what he was coping with and he knew how much Chaehyun relied on cigarettes to help him, but as much as he knew, he couldn't let it continue. And so, his hand slipped into his pockets and his fingers clasped around the pack before sliding it out of his pocket.

Tossing the gum in Chaehyun's lap, the older boy stared ahead.

"What's this?" Mumbled Chaehyun.

"Gum."

Chaehyun rolled his eyes. "Really? I thought it was a phone." Gasped the boy before chuckling. "I mean, why are you giving it to me?"

Chucking at Chaehyun's shitty use of sarcasm, Taeyong tapped his leg gently. "Whenever you feel the urge to smoke, grab some gum and chew on it. If that doesn't help then we'll try something else, preferably telling your grandmother."

Chanhyun wanted to object, but he knew how disappointed his grandmother would be in him if she found out that he hadn't stopped the day she pleaded him to. Nodding his head, he slid out a peace of gum and shoved it into his mouth, the watermelon flavour popped in his mouth and danced against his tastebuds.

Taeyong held out his hand. "Give me the cigarettes."

Chaehyun hesitated.

Taeyong raised an eyebrow and the younger boy sighed softly. Ripping the pack of cigarettes from his pocket, he stuffed them into the hand of his Hyung and watched as they got destroyed right in front of him.

With the wind sweeping through his dark dyed hair, Chaehyun's head fell against the brick wall behind him and closed his eyes.

"Fuck, lets hope this works."