◎ Time to heal ◎

Chaehyun had never felt as pissed in his life. Apart of him was afraid, but the anger overweighted his fears. He sat in the hospital bed, fists clenched and jaw locked as he stared out of the big window. The nurse had opened the curtains to calm him after Taeyong informed her that watching the cars pass is something that helps him calm.

But he couldn't.

The fan – well, could he even call her that? – they had gone too far. Chaehyun's injuries weren't bad and he was extremely thankful for that. He only had a broken wrist and a few bruises but with the way he had received his injuries, it was beginning to mess with his head. Truthfully, he was petrified. When the notes were sent to him he waved them off like they were nothing but this sasaeng has proved that she will do anything just to be noticed. Even if it means killing him.

He knew it was her. The girl that had sent him the dead rose and the maggots, the girl that was watching him in the bushes. He knew it was her. How? Because she warned him.

A few days before the accident, Lachlan received another parcel. This time it was a video. She was videoing his sister's bedroom. How she had found out the address he would never know and he didn't want to. Though taped to the box was a note.

Remember to break.

At first, he paid no attention to the silly note, his main focus was on his sister's safety. They were dealing with a very harmful stalker and he wasn't going to risk his sister's life nor her privacy. So the note was long forgotten and Chaehyun believed that she knew it would happen. That she filmed the video just to take his mind off the note.

She warned him of what she was going to do, but she wanted to stop him from finding out. It made no sense. Maybe she was trying to torture him? Perhaps wanted him to blame himself for not prioritising the note.

Chaehyun couldn't understand, she said she loved hi, so why was she doing everything in her power to harm him? Lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear the door squeak open.

"Chaehyun you need to stop thinking about this. The police, the company—it's all being investigated. You're just gonna give yourself a bigger headache, you're clearly shaken up. It's time for you to focus on yourself. Time to heal, mentally and physically." Taeyong's voice sounded and a warm hand pressed against Chaehyun's shoulder but he felt numb.

"How am I supposed to just stop thinking about it? That psycho filmed my little sister's bedroom window, she bows where my family live—She tried to fucking kill me or at least harm me! Then she decided to mess with my brain by leaving that note! She's—"

"Being searched for. I understand what you're going through but evaluating everything is only going to make it worse! Your sister is worried sick about you. We all are! I've never seen Chenle so shaken up! Your brother too! We just want you to get better, Chae and we're here to protect you. All of us." Taeyong interrupted causing Chaehyun to bite his lip.

Slowly he nodded. "Alright fine, I'll try to forget but you need to understand that it's not that easy."

"We know that. We're just asking you to not beat yourself up over it. Trust me, the police, the company, the group! We're all searching....the manager uh...he said that if you feel like you need to see someone, a professional...they'd be happy to pay if it helps you get past it."

Chaehyun sighed and ran a hand over his face. "I'll think about it."

"I'll leave you be for a while. We love you. I love you. You're strong Chae. Don't let this one psychotic person bring you down."

Chaehyun forced a smile. "I love you too."

Taeyong rubbed the idol's shoulder one last time before ruffling Chaehyun's hair and heading towards the door. However, before he opened it, he turned to face his younger 'brother' one last time.

"By the way uh—Dahyun's here...she's a wreck and she wants to see you. Should I let her in?" Taeyong gave a knowing grin after seeing the hint of a smile on Chaehyun's face.

"Yes please."

And with that, Taeyong was out the door and the next to enter was the one girl that could turn Chaehyun's day from dark to light in a matter of seconds.