chapter 59

Chapter 59

I lay in bed with my eyes closed for a little while longer, not wanting to wake up just yet. I could feel that the bed was empty beside me so I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. 7:45am. I was surprised Louis was up at that time on his day off. I rolled on my back and looked up at the ceiling. It was March 6th, my birthday. Exactly two months ago I moved in with Louis. Since then not much had changed, apart from that fact that I was even more in love with Louis, more than I thought was possible and I was nearing the end of my degree. I had three months left and it was flying by.

The only bad news I'd been given was that One Direction was going on another European tour that summer, my first summer not as a student and the last before I have to start working, meaning I couldn't spend it with Louis. However, something good was coming out of it. Spencer, Rose, Bo and I were going to travel across Europe, but not with them, we'd be one step behind them following their path but doing our own things. It was something I'd always wanted to do and we'd go to a few concerts when we inevitably crossed paths. Rose would spend a few days with them taking photos every few days but every other day would be spent with us.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. I sat up and crossed my legs before calling out to tell them to come in. Louis' tanned face peered around the door before he pushed it open fully and smiled softly at me.

'Morning beautiful.' He whispered. He came and sat next to me. He was still in the boxer shorts he'd worn to bed that night. He pulled the quilt around us and linked his fingers with mine. 'Happy birthday, 44 now is it?' He smirked.

'Hey!' I gasped. I grabbed my pillow from behind me and hit him in the head with it. He laughed loudly as I ruffled his already messed up hair.

'I know, I know, you're 22. Young, free and definitely not single.' He kissed me on the lips and gave me a cheeky smile before running into the walk in wardrobe we now shared. He appeared seconds later carrying a gift bag. 'Happy birthday baby!' He kissed me one more time and passed me the bag.

'Thank you.' I grinned. The bed shifted as he reached under the bed and pulled out a perfectly wrapped box. He handed it over to me and sat directly opposite me. We both had our legs crossed. Our knees were touching and we were face to face.

I started to peel away the pristine paper. I was surrounded by a pile of paper and left with a brown box I knew well and loved. Lifting off the lid I gasped as I saw a brand new pair of Christian Louboutin shoes in front of me.

'Holy shit!' I squealed in excitement.

'You don't like them? Oh, I can take them back, that's no problem.' Louis reached for the box but I lightly slapped his hand away.

'No! They are perfect. Thank you so much!' I softly wrapped my fingers in the hair on the back of his head, pulled his face towards mine and kissed the smile on his face.

'Try them on.' He said. His lips were still pressed against mine; I felt them move and he spoke the words.

I jumped off the bed and slipped my feet into the brand new shoes. 'Did I get the right ones? I saw you looking at a pair a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd get them.

'They are gorgeous!' They were shiny white with silver sequins that shone like a diamond, they were so gorgeous, I couldn't not like them. Plus, they'd go perfectly with almost anything. I already had a black pair in this style.

'I love you so much!' I turned to face him as he stood up to get a better look, and threw myself into his arms. I kissed his bare chest and wrapped my arms around him.

'I love you more' He laughed.

'I don't deserve you!' I said honestly, staring into the blue eyes that had had me at the word 'hello'.