chapter 6

Chapter 6

We didn't hold hands on the way to the restaurant, but we did talk and smile the whole way there. He was so funny, my cheeks ached from all the laughing.

'Here we are.' He gestured like he had just unveiled a masterpiece.

'Nandos?' I laughed. 'Don't freak out, but I've never actually been here before.'

Louis looked genuinely shocked. 'You've never been here before? Seriously? That's not good. Well, I guess you don't live with Niall.' He laughed.

We walked in and were taken to a table and sat down, the waitress clearly flustered that one fifth of Britain's best band was sitting in front of her.

'Do you like spicy food?' Louis asked, looking at me over the menu he was waving around. He didn't even need to look, he knew what he wanted to order.

'Nothing too spicy. Mild is probably where I sit. Why?' I asked, eying him over the menu.

'Well, since you've never been I was wondering if you'd let me order the best thing on the menu for you?'

'Of course!'

'Great.'

'Bring it on!'

...

'That was amazing! Seriously, why have I never had one of these before?' I sighed as I put my knife and fork on my plate. Louis grinned as he did the same.

'I get the feeling bringing you here was a brilliant idea.'

'It was. Thank you, I've actually really enjoyed today.' I smiled.

'Me too, thank you for coming with me. We should do it again, really soon.'

A grin spread across my face although in my head I was screaming!

Louis asked the waitress for the bill.

'I can pay too if you want.'

'No, it's fine. We're on a date aren't we? The man always pays.'

'But-'

'Nope!' I sighed in defeat and Louis smiled.

...

Louis paid and we went back to his car, he opened my door and shut it behind me. We eventually pulled up outside my house, he didn't move, so I stayed seated.

'Um, do you want to come in for a bit? I mean, you don't have to, I was just wondering if you wanted to.' I nervously asked him.

He smiled. 'Sure.' We both got out of the car.