chapter 51

Chapter 51

'I really liked your parents.' Louis whispered in my ear. His arms were wrapped around my waist, my back to my chest as we looked at the drinks in the service station. 'Do you think they liked me?' He reached up and grabbed a red bull for the top shelf, one arm still around my waist.

'Of course they liked you! You all got on so well. Lucas thought you were brilliant. Caleb loves you more because you love football as much as him. Mum and dad adored you. And even Boss preffered you to me. You did well.' I smiled and felt a chuckle rumble from his chest.

I reached up and got a red bull for myself and Louis steered me around, we walked around the shop, him with his arms around my waist, holding the baskets which he occasionally dumped things into.

The woman at the till smiled at us as she scanned the items. We'd bought loads of junk food; we had a four hour's drive ahead of us. I handed her the money and grabbed the carrier bag. Louis took it out of my hand and wrapped his free hand around my waist.

'That beach was gorgeous and the restaurant we went to was stunning!' We jumped in the car and I opened the bag of Starburst, choosing a pink one and unpeeling it before starting the engine.

'I thought you'd like it. I know it wasn't some fancy restaurant where all the celebs go but I just thought you wouldn't mind going somewhere low key for a change.' I smiled. I looked over my shoulder as I reversed out of the space.

'Well it was perfect. The night wouldn't have been the same anywhere else.' He kissed my cheek. 'Did you realise that your accent changed as soon as you spoke to your parents?' he laughed.

'Really?' I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I didn't know it happened.

'Yeah, you normally have a bit of a weird accent.'

'Gee, thanks.' I laughed.

'No, I mean, it's a bit more English than it is Welsh but it changed to being more Welsh than English.'

'Oh great. I thought I'd gotten rid on that accent. I was always the one in school with a weird accent.' I pulled onto the motorway and shut my window against the rain. The nice weather had suddenly ended that morning. We'd woken up to a grey, cloudy sky.

'Well I liked it.' Louis said.

...

I pulled up outside my house. It was 10pm and Louis wanted me to go back to his house. I quickly ran inside trying not to slip. I grabbed my hoodie and a few more clothes and ran back to the car.

'Phew.' I sighed as I climbed back into the car, brushing rain drops off my trousers.

'I love it when you stay at my place.' Louis said as he pulled his head off the head rest and looked at me. His hand reached across and played with my hair. I leaned my head into his hand and kissed his wrist which rested by my lips.

'Me too.' I pulled away and drove the way to his house that had become ingrained in my memory. I could do it with my eyes closed.

...

We'd been in his apartment for half an hour when there was an insistent knocking on his door. He shot me a confused look before leaving the room to get it.

'Hey guys.' Louis said. I turned to see Liam and Rose burst into the living room. They both looked so excited. Following behind was the rest of the guys.

Harry looked half asleep as he sat down next to me on the couch. The hood of his hoodie was pulled up, covering his hair. He was clearly wearing pyjamas and looked as though he were about to go to bed. Zayn and Niall sat next to each other opposite me. Niall was on his phone, having a whispered conversation. Liam and Rose stood up facing us all as Louis sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

'Can I ask' Louis started 'Why I suddenly have you all in my apartment?'

'We have some news.' Liam said, his deep voice rumbling through the room. He grinned at Rose before looking back to us. 'We've set a date to the weeding.' All eyes were suddenly on them. Niall had put his phone back in his pocket and Harry no longer looked so tired.

'It's in six weeks!' Rose said with a huge smile across her face.

Suddenly everyone was on their feet, crowding them both, hugging Rose and smacking Liam on the back. I hugged Rose and she grinned. 'You'd better hurry up and get a dress.' She told me and smiled.

'I will, don't you worry. But you're the one who needs the stunning dress. I don't think anyone will care what I look like.' I told her.

'I care!' I heard Louis say behind me but I just placed my hand over his mouth and turned back to Rose.

We all went through to the kitchen to get champagne from the fridge and glasses.

'I've got my eye on a few things' Rose said and winked at me. 'Look, I know you have such a busy schedule and would hate it if I asked you to come with me on Tuesday to go dress shopping but if you could find the time I would really appreciate the advice.'

'Of course! I'd love to! I'm there!' I practically squealed but quickly recovered. 'I mean, yeah, I guess I could fit that into my schedule.' I put on a fake serious voice.

'We should take Spence as well!' Rose said.

'Definitely! This is going to be so much fun!' I pulled her in for another hug before we grabbed a few glasses each and took the champagne back through to the boys.

'To Liam and Rose!' Louis cheered as he popped the cork from the champagne bottle.

'To Liam and Rose!' everyone cheered in reply.