chapter 20

Chapter 20

I was sitting on the couch, my legs tucked up to my chest as I sipped my coffee. I'd been at Louis' for four days. I'd only gone home once to pick up some clothes so I could actually leave the apartment with Louis in something other than what I wore the other day.

I looked out the window as I put my book down. The sun was coming up over London. It was 8am, Louis was still asleep. I'd been awake for a while, so I made myself a coffee and grabbed the law book I brought with me. It seemed that Louis didn't like waking up early, where as I couldn't avoid it. It's like my body clock wanted me awake. I always had time by myself in the morning without much to do while he carried on sleeping.

Spencer had texted me the night before, she wanted me to ring her as soon as I could. Putting my coffee on the table, I stood up. The smell of morning air filled my nose as I opened the balcony doors. The rush of distant traffic subtly filled the morning.

'Hi, it's me. Sorry it's so early; I knew you'd be up though.' Spence was like me, always up early.

'Hey.' She sounded awful! Her voice was croaky like she'd swallowed gravel. 'My nan died last night.' Her voice was shaking as she told me.

'Oh my god Spence! I'm so sorry!' There's never much to say when someone says a person they loved died.

'Thanks but I won't be coming home on Saturday. I'll be staying for another week or two for the funeral, and to be around family. Do you mind?' I could tell that she was crying now.

'That's fine. Don't worry at all!'

'I'll still pay the rent and stuff, but I just won't be there.'

'It's fine, honestly. Stay as long and you need and if you ever need to talk, I'm here.'

'Thanks Aria, you're great. I'd better go. I'll see you soon.'

'See you soon Spencer, love you.'

She was so close to her nan, she would be really cut up about it. I put my phone in my pocket of my pyjama bottoms, went back inside and flicked on the TV.

'How long have you been up?' Louis yawned as he walked in the living room wearing only boxers.

'3 hours. Some of us like to wake up before 9am.' He kisses me on the head and takes a sip of my coffee.

'Help yourself.'

'Thanks, I will.' He flopped down next to me and looked at my book. 'I honestly don't understand how you can read this stuff. It's so... big!'

'It's the amount of words they use. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I have to force myself through them.'

Louis nodded.

'You feel like going shopping today? I need new clothes.' He stood up again and walked into the walk in wardrobe which was behind one of the doors in the corridor.

'Sure.' I stretched my arms and went to get changed.