chapter 50

Chapter 50

I parked my car in the first space I found. The fresh green forest spread out on one side of the car park and the sand and sea filled the other. I stepped out of the car to be greeted with the summer scent I grew up with. The smell of sea water and sea weed mixed with the smell of grass and soil from the forest.

The blazing sun, unusual for Wales, beat down on me as I slotted coins into the ticket machine. It buzzed and hummed as it processed and spat out the ticket to put in the car. I grabbed the ticket and went back to my sky blue beetle which glittered and shone in the sun light. Louis was standing next to it looking around. His face partially covered by his Ray Bans.

He was wearing blue board shorts and a tight, white t-shirt. His tanned arms were crossed across his chest. He was leaning against my car with his legs crossed at the ankles. He'd swapped his trademark Toms for flip flops. He had a beach towel rolled up and tucked under his arm.

I was wearing my denim shorts and a white tank top over the top of my black bikinis. My tanned skin looking even darker next to the light colour of my tank top.

I opened my car door and put the ticket on the dashboard; I locked the car and hid the key under the tyre so I didn't have to take a bag down to the sand. Our phones were safely locked in the glove box. 'Let's go.'

Louis and I headed over towards the beach, passing the café and ice cream shop that sold everything from ice cream to chips and inflatable beach toys.

We both carried our flip flops as soon as we got to the sand. The sand was warm as it pressed up around our toes. We made our way to an empty spot near the rocks but close to the water. The sea was flat in the calm weather and the sun reflected off it at all angles, sending sunlight in all directions.

'This is really nice.' Louis said as he spread his towel out on the sand. He pulled off his t-shirt and folded it up. His tanned, muscular chest was on display so I jokingly wolf whistled at him. He raised an eyebrow and smirked at me.

I shimmied out of my shorts and pulled my top over my head. I was left in my black bikini. 'The view's nice, isn't it?' I said looking out at the ocean.

'Oh yes. My view is stunning.' He said playfully. I looked at him and he was staring at me, in my bikinis. I nudged him and laughed.

'I was talking about the ocean.' We both sat down on our towels and looked across the sand and sea.

'Shall we go for a swim?' He asked and tucked his sunglasses under his shirt.

'Yep!' I did the same with my sunglasses. We both stood up and I looked at Louis and called 'Race ya!' I sprinted across the sand and headed towards the sea. Louis quickly followed and managed to catch up. We were both laughing as his arms wrapped around my waist. His hands gripped my arms as we splashed into the shallow water.

'It's cold!' I gasped. Louis then twisted around in my arms so we were facing each other and moved us further in. We were both laughing as we splashed around, practically wrestling each other. I was up to my waist in it when Louis won and managed to throw me into the water. I squealed and gasped as the cold, salty water swallowed me up.

Louis was laughing as I spluttered and wiped the sea water out of my eyes. I lunged at him and wrapped my arms around my waist and we both fell into the water.

I laughed as we resurfaced and he picked me up and tried to throw me in again; I wrapped my legs around his waist so he couldn't and I linked my arms around his neck so I could hold on and not fall backwards. Because he tried to throw me in we both toppled over, my back hitting the water before we both went under and came back up coughing and spluttering.

'I'll get you back for that.' He mock frowned. 'Just you wait.'

We floated out deeper so we were up to our necks. I lay on my back and closed my eyes; the sun was warming my face up from the cold water. A few seconds later I felt Louis' fingers slip perfectly in with mine. Then unexpectedly I felt his lips on mine. I kissed him back passionately. Under the water I wrapped my legs around his waist and threw my arms around his neck. I felt his mouth turn into a smile around my lips.

We broke apart and Louis wrapped an arm around my waist. We stared out at the ocean for a while, listening to the birds squawk and the wave's crash.

'What do you see when you look out to sea?' Louis asked me.

'I just see more ocean. It just continues, it never ends.' I said honestly.

'Just like you and me.' I looked up at him.

'Yeah?'

'Yeah. I promise.' He grabbed my hand and kissed it, before sweeping his legs underwater around mine and tripping me over, leaving me to fall backwards. Oh hell no! This means war?