chapter 25

Chapter 25

'Stay close' Louis whispered into my ear, wrapping his arm around my waist. 'We don't have time to stop so we just have to keep going.'

My heart was pounding in my chest. I could barely hear Louis over the screaming of the fans. Some were screaming, some were shouting and some were trying to get the group to sing the chorus of their newest single. One girl, I noticed, was sobbing her heart out. Tears were streaming down her face, her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were bright red. I never realised the effect the guys had on people.

The boys waved and called out their thanks for them being there. The security guard explained to the crowd that they couldn't stop. Before I knew it we were at check in and the screaming people were behind us.

'You get used to it after a while.' Rose said smiling at me. 'At first I was terrified and shook like a leaf, but now it's normal.'

'Thanks.' I smiled. We checked in our bags and went into the first class departure lounge. The boys went to talk to their manager so I chatted with Rose and Spencer about what we were going to do in LA while the boys were working.

'We should go to Melrose Avenue and Rodeo Drive. I've always wanted to go there.' Rose said. She'd never been to LA either.

'Yeah, we should and we have to spend loads of time at the beach! I want to get a tan.' Spencer grinned.

'You'll never get a tan. You'll just burn, you always do Spence. LA sun isn't going to be any different.' I laughed.

'A girl can dream.' She sighed.

'Just get an American spray tan then you can say you got a tan in America.' Rose laughed.

'That's such a good idea! I'll do it on the last day then people will think I'm really brown!'

'Until you shower...' I added.

'You're such a pessimist Aria!'

'I know' I smiled. 'I can't help it!'

The boys all turned around and walked over to us. Louis, Harry and Zayn were mucking around and laughing. Liam strolled straight over to Rose and peeled her away from the group.

'We're going to have a look around. See you guys in a little bit.' Liam called and put his arm around Rose's shoulder.

Louis, Zayn and Harry stopped what they were doing and watched them go.

'We are too, come on Aria.' Louis grabbed my hand and led me towards the exit into the long stretch of duty free shops.

...

Lights reflected off everything. The floor was shining like crystals; the windows of the shop were so clean they looked as though they were empty gaps where glass should have been. I'd been in an airport before but I'd never seen a duty free section like this before. It was huge! It seemed to be the same size as the rest of the airport, full of shops, cafés and restaurants.

'Don't look so shocked, wait until you get to LA!' Louis smiled.

'Oh god. I can only imagine. This is amazing! Where are we going?' My head was whipping around trying to get a look at everything.

'Wherever you want to go. I want to get you whatever you want so you remember this trip forever.' He

stopped and looked around with me. 'So were shall we go?'

'That is so sweet, but I can't let you do that. Everything must be like the same price as a small house.'

'You can and I will do it. Come on, we'll go over here.' He pulled me towards the left.