chapter 17

Chapter 17

'My little girl's in a magazine! :O You look lovely hunny! Xx' I received her text as I walked through my front door. Instead of replying I grabbed the house phone and rang her. I told her I was home and we chatted about the magazine. Eventually I had to go and get ready.

After a long day of travelling I jumped in the shower. As I washed my hair I sang my heart out. I shaved everywhere and got out. I wrapped a towel around myself and stood in front of my wardrobe. What on earth was I supposed to wear? I picked up my phone off of my bed and opened up a new message.

'Um, what shall I wear? :/'

My phone rang in response. I looked at the caller ID and it was Louis.

'Hi'

'You're such a girl! Worrying about what you need to wear!' He laughed.

'You do know I actually am a girl, right?' I asked sarcastically.

'Wait, what?'

'Funny, seriously, what should I wear?' I pressed my phone between my shoulder and my ear as I rifled through my clothes.

'Hoodie, trackie bottoms and that gorgeous smile.' He said and I could hear a dramatic tone in his voice.

'Really?' I wasn't going to complain. I would be comfortable, although I wanted to look nice and presentable. Not scruffy.

'Really. We're not going anywhere; we're having a night in.'

'Ok.' I said simply. 'Oh damn it!'

'What?' Louis asked with a concerned tone in his voice.

'I left my 'gorgeous smile' at my parents' house.' I joked.

'Oh no. Well, I'm just going to have to do something to try and make it come back, aren't I?' He said cheekily, and a grinned.

'Yep.' I said, in shock.

'Can I ask a favour?'

'Maybe.' I grabbed my Jack Willis hoodie and my black tights.

'Can you drive over? My cars in for repair, I got a puncture this morning. Sorry.'

'That's fine, but where am I going? I don't know where you live.' I pulled on my tights with one hand.

'Oh yeah, um how about I walk to the shop around the corner and you pick me up and I'll show you where to go?'

''Yeah, sounds good. I'd better go, I need to sort my hair out and get my bag ready. I feel like I'm going to a sleepover.'

'You are going to a sleepover! I can't wait to braid each others hair and talk all night about boys and have a pillow fight!' His voice went higher as if pretending to be a girl.

'You know that isn't actually what girls do at sleepovers right?'

'Oh. Well what do you do?'

A grin plastered on my face. 'You'll see.'

'You cheekey little-'

'I'll see you soon. Bye!' I hung up, giggling hysterically.

I threw my phone on the bed and carried on getting changed. I threw my toothbrush into my bag and a clean pair of underwear. I did my hair, grabbed my car keys and left.

I loved my car to bits. I got it when I was seventeen and four years later it was still running and my favourite thing ever. I jumped into my vintage, sky blue VW beetle and plugged my iPod into the dock. Ed Sheeran quietly filled the car as the engine started.