6. Hot Chocolates and Arenas

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Funny, Nat advised me to follow my heart."

"Sometimes a lot of things prevent you from doing that. This is Maryanne's last year working for tributes. She has been promoted to become one of president Snow's personal stylist. And after that we won't see each other again. And that is the bitter truth that the both of us have accepted." He said while frowning.

"So many hearts broken because of the freaking Capitol. Because of Snow." I mumble frustrated. "I wish I could just start a bloody rebellion against him just so that everyone could have a chance at love."

"(Y/n), just because Nat and I have some problems in the 'love' matter, doesn't mean you can't pursue yours. I know that you like Newt and Newt likes you. I know how you feel, trust me, but you both actually have a chance. Dont give it up!"

"I have heard that a countless times from many people Dylan. But the games starts today and if I don't win, that chance goes down with me in the grave. Instead of giving him hope of something that may be gone in a flash, I'd rather not give it at all."

"I understand (y/n). But promise me, when you make it out of the games alive, and after everything settles down, you'll tell him." Dylan told.

"I promise." I said with sincerity.

He gave a smile before getting up and placing his cup back in the compartment and I followed his actions.

"It's time to get a shut eye now. Massive day tomorrow." He said.

"Tell me about it." I mumbled.

He chuckled and gave me a warm hug. "At dawn you will be getting the clothing for what you'll wear in the arena. I don't think they are going to allow that necklace of yours there." He pointed to the pendant Newt gave me.

"But-" I was cut off by him saying, "I can sneak it in for you past the peacekeepers and give it to you before you get into the arena if you want."

I smiled gratefully as I unclasp the chain and handed it over to Dylan. He left the room after saying a small 'good night' and I mumble one too in response. I got into my bed thinking about the conversation I had with him that was very similar to that of Nat's. I knew for sure that I would fulfil the promise that I made if I won the games.

Only if I won the games.
_________________________________________________

"(Y/n), wake up honey." A soothing voice awoke me from my partial slumber. The person had a sad smile on their pale face. Their blue eyes with deep feelings and a bright red wig to contradict her emotions showed through the light that seeped in through the windows.

"Good morning Nat." I groggily mumble. The lack of sleep showing in my voice.

"Good morning darling." She pulled me into a strong hug. "I'm so sorry (y/n), you have to leave soon now and this-" she let out a sob, "is where we say goodbye" I shut my eyes before the tears could come down. I hug her tightly before pulling away slowly.

"Let's get you ready shall we?"

I saw a neatly stacked set of clothes. A black top and a dark grey pant. The top had the number '4' on its sleeves. I took a shower and got into my attire and headed out to the dining area for a little breakfast. We will be put into the arena at noon sharp and we had to be at the hovercrafts by 11.

Two hours more.

I grabbed an apple and started munching on it when Chad came in. The next time I see him will be when we are fighting to death. "You alright?" He asked. I shrugged in reply. The three of us slowly ate our food in silence. I could see Natasha struggling to hold back tears. I was finished with my breakfast and got up from my chair.

Newt, Dylan and Maryanne walked in and the former ran over and literally lifted me into a tight hug. We hugged each other without saying anything. I let a small tear slip away from my eyes and before I could break down, I pulled away. He rested his forehead against mine with his eyes closed. "You will win. You have to, love." He whispered and I nodded.

"C'mon (Y/n), time to go." Dylan said softly. I bit my lower lip and looked into Newt's brown eyes.

"Take care, Newt." I said and with that I stepped away and gave Nat a comforting hug while she sobbed into my shoulder. I took a deep breath and walked towards Dylan, Chad and Maryanne. The four of us left the room after I gave Newt one last glance.
_________________________________________________

"Judging by your outfit I'm guessing somewhere tropical. Not someplace too hot or cold." Dylan said as we made our way to the hovercraft. "So a forest I guess. Many places to hide and that's a plus point."

We climbed onboard and took a seat in the hovercraft. A Capitol lady with a big injection came up to me and gestured me to show my arm. "Your tracker.", She informed in response to my furrowed eyebrows. She injected the needle into my skin which made me wince due to the pain. A small beep later she took the needle out and left. The hovercraft took off and proceeded to our destination: The arena.

As soon as we landed, we were taken to small rooms assigned with our names. Once we entered, Dylan closed the doors behind him and pulled my pendant out. I smiled and took it and clasped it onto my neck, remembering the day Newt gave it to me.

30 seconds

My eyes widened with panic. I had just 30 seconds left for me to go into the arena. "Hey, shhhh, it will be okay." Dylan cooed as he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly as tears rolled down my cheeks. I thought about everything. About the oceans back at home, about the salted bread, about our little island, about Clara, Annie, Finnick and Newt. Dylan continued rubbing my back in order for me to calm down.

20 seconds

He pulled back and looked me in the eye. "(Y/n), you will win. I have faith in you. I'm rooting for you alright? You can do it." I nodded as I wiped my tears away and gave Dylan a genuine smile.

"Thank you, Dylan." I said with gratitude. He smiled and pulled me in for one last hug before letting me go.

10 seconds

I climbed into the pod and looked up. I could see bright light which momentarily blinded me. I looked back at Dylan who gave me a thumbs up and the very next second a glass door dropped down, encasing me in to pod. I pressed my hand against the glass and Dylan gave a single nod.

This is it.

The pod started moving up and light became brighter. As soon as the whole pod was engulfed by the light I looked around to take in my surroundings.

And I smirked.