Past Words

I know this is a short chapter, but honestly, I don't want to make it any longer than it is. Thanks for all the votes and comments on the last chapter, by the way. I was bombarded. My notifications center was piling up. I didn't reply to any of the comments, but I definitely read and enjoyed all of them! Thanks guys!

Enjoy!

-------------------------

Third Person's POV

Itachi stared downwards, blankly regarding the girl in front of him. Blood seeped from her shoulder, but she wasn't holding it anymore. Not to mention, her back was straight, and she was staring defiantly into his eyes.

This fool was going to get caught in a genjutsu and die.

What was she thinking?

The man narrowed his eyes. He had already performed Tsukiyomi twice in the same day. His vision was starting to press a little at the edges. He didn't need to do the same thing for the third time. Itachi sighed. This would be bothersome, but the best thing to do would be to kill this girl and get the Nine Tails, then leave. And as for the ground...Itachi surveyed the fleshy substance that bound his feet. Damn disgusting Sannin. Summoning a stomach of all things.

There was a sudden flare of chakra and Itachi curiously looked down.

"Dansu Tenohira!"

....what?

The girl's head snapped upwards, glaring at Itachi. His crimson eyes narrowed as he met two golden pupils.

"I won't let you get your way....Uchiha Itachi!"

The golden chakra on the girl's right hand died away. But it was still there. This method of converting chakra into one's hand so silently...there was only one person who could do this. The black hair and over tiny body... the chakra signature and... those eyes. Itachi shifted.

Then the girl leapt for his face.

***

Jiraiya leapt back, sweeping Naruto behind him as the girl's hand barely brushed against the wall of the fleshy corridor. Even though her fingers barely touched anything, the flesh exploded, showering blood on to her.

"Hey!" Jiraiya yelled, "That's someone else's stomach, you little brat!"

Jiraiya watched the girl spin on her heel to block a kick from Itachi. The force sent her stumbling before she caught herself. Her hand swiped the place where Itachi was a second ago, sending more exploding flesh. Jiraiya felt his insides twist in annoyance. The frogs were going to be angry...

Itachi appeared behind the girl and kicked her foreword. She rolled and finally drew out her katana, "Kagayaku, Konnen-nin HIkari!" The blade glowed faintly as chakra pulsed through it. The girl quickly blocked an incoming kunai, her knees bending from the pressure.

Itachi blinks slowly, "A swordsman...huh? It's a pity Kisame isn't your opponent, but me."

Rin's POV

I gritted my teeth. Damn it....damn it! He isn't acknolwedging me at all. Not after the chakra...my words... I held back the impulse to cry all over again. This is so frustrating...and it was so hard to get to this stage. Why can't he acknowledge me like Sasuke did? Why? This hurts. It really does. He shouldn't be treating me like a stranger. Why can't he at least say my name? It's so obvious!

This bastard! He screws up everything, and treats me like a stranger? Why isn't he putting things together? He's smarter than this!

"Damn it..." I hissed, "don't you know me Itachi?"