Journey to Suna

I want to thank everyone for the chapter "Snow." I had never gotten so many votes and comments in one chapter. I was really happy. So, I decided to update a little earlier. Please enjoy :)

Rin's POV

It had been three days. I still could not get my mind off of it.

Throughout the entire Wave Country mission I had done nothing, even though Zabuza and Haku were so good to me. They excused me out of the mission so I wouldn't be pained, they made sure that I wouldn't be hurt by Gato, and Haku... He gave me the advice that finally made me wake up. I spent four years away from Konoha. The entire dream of meeting up with my brothers had become faint. But Haku...he brought it back. And then in the end? I didn't come to meet Sasuke.

I could have saved both sides.

Ah....but one side is already dead. Moping around isn't going to help. I glanced at my katana. I wonder if my four years training with the sword would help at all. I don't want to skip off and find another Sensei...I would feel like I had used Zabuza.

Exactly like Gato did.

The very thought made me sick.

My fingers crept to the rim of my hood. I gently pushed it back so I could actually see. This cloak was too large. The sleeves went an inch past my fingers, the hood fell all the way to my nose and the entire cloak had to be clipped so it would be shorter.

I liked being shrouded like this, I felt safe. The constant fabric brushing against my nose however, was very uncomfortable. Especially since I was trying to eat.

I pushed the hood back further.

"Rin," Kabuto warned from the side, "keep your face hidden."

I can't even see Kabuto to glare at him. The most I could do was pull my only visible place, my mouth, into a frown and show it to where I thought Kabuto was sitting.

I was sandwiched in between Orochimaru and Kabuto at a tea shop. We had left the Rice Country where Otogakure was, and now we were north of the Fire Country, taking a break in a tea shop. There were Leaf Shinobi everywhere. They drank in the tea shop, and hung outside too. They filled the streets. Was this some sort of outpost village? At this rate, Orochimaru will never be able to reveal his face. He had to wear a mask.

"Rin." Kabuto slammed some ryo onto the low table and stood up. "We're leaving, come on. The sooner we leave this village the better."

"R-Right."

We hurried out of the tea shop. I couldn't see any of the Leaf Ninja to be able to tell whether they were suspicious or not. The three of us were probably the only hooded ones in this entire place. I felt the eyes of many on my back and I stiffened. I hope we can just run. I don't want to have to walk through this entire village with everyone-

"You three cloaked ones, stop."

I felt Kabuto halt in front of me and I followed his example.

"Yes?" Kabuto said. The smile was evident in his voice.

"Who are you three and what is your business?"

"Oh come on now," Kabuto spread his hands and chuckled, "this is an outpost town. People are passing by everyday. Surely we are just the same?"

"Yeah," the ninja growled, "except this is an outpost town on the country border, and you seem to be taking a lot of care to hide your identities.

"So...." Kabuto chuckled, "you won't be letting us pass? We're in a hurry. I would leave, if I were you. You don't want to end up dead, do you?"

He's done it. It's over. Kabuto has openly threatened some Leaf Ninjas. Now they will definitely hunt us down.