Fight!

ARGH! Couldn't resist >.< the last chapter was short and crappy anyways, and without a cliffhanger. Ha. I can totally publish early if the last chapter does not have a cliffhanger. Hope you guys enjoy ;) We're finally nearing the end of the Chuunin Exams! Honest though. How many of you have read the Exam arc through thousands of other fanfics? I'd think you guys had enough, and I've had enough. So, forgive me if I skim over the fights. What the heck are you doing here if you don't know what happens???

Enjoy ^ ^~

-----------------------

Akira woke up early on the day of the exams with his hands shaking. In fact, if his katana was not sheathed, he would have nailed his foot when he tried to pick it up.

Akira dressed, and before long, he was heading out of the hotel for the stadium.

He gave a small curt nod to the front desk lady and went outside. He didn't stop to get any breakfast. With the events that would happen today, "breakfast" would be coming out of his mouth in the form of puke.

So many villagers were crowding the streets, heading to the arena. They chattered excitedly, talking about just one match they wanted to see. Gaara vs. Sasuke. Of course. The prodigy Uchiha.

Akira's mouth pressed into a hard line. The crowd was too big, too loud. It only amplified Akira's imagination on how quiet this place would become in a few hours.

"Stupid..." Akira leapt up on to the roof tops and ran from there. He felt a lot more released, being away from the pressing crowds full of people who were so much more larger than Akira. He could be squished like an ant and nobody would notice.

Even from where Akira was, he could see the arena near the center of the village. Everyone would be streaming to find good front row seats, so they could watch novice ninja fight to show their strength. And not just the villagers, but nobles and political lords... Some of the audience weren't even ninja.

Akira held his katana tightly. Follow my gut, he thought determinedly, just follow my gut.

My gut is telling me to be sick, and to go to hell for being such a coward.

Well I'm not going to hell, and I'll go sick AFTER all this crap is over,

Akira ran to the entrance and pushed past people, "Sorry...excuse me..." He nearly ran past an ANBU before suddenly stopping and turning, "...you..."

"Have fun in Konoha?" came a snide voice from behind the mask, "Made new friends?"

Akira's mouth mashed into a hard line, "Like you would care," Akira turned to continue waking before a hand suddenly gripped his arm, "Hey-!"

Many passing villagers gave slightly concerned looks at the ANBU who was holding the tiny kid. To them, them who knew nothing, this looked like a suspicious act. A protector of the village bothering a little Leaf kid?

"What do you want?!" Akira hissed quietly, "We have nothing to say to each other."

"Akira-kun," there was a smile in the voice now, "Good luck for today."

Akira's throat clenched, "You better mean the final matches."

"My my..." The voice chided, "We both know I couldn't give a damn about the final matches, so long as the plan is carried smoothly."

"Go to hell."

"Just remember that when the signal is shown," The ANBU said quietly, "you begin immediately. No doubt the villagers around you will panic and cause a commotion, but that will work in our favor. The Leaf ninja will be hindered, trying to protect everyone."