The Fourth's Inheritance

I've had writer's block for the first time in months. In fact as a few of you probably noticed, I had been writing a rant book to distract myself. Anyways, this chapter is short, and probably not that good, so don't expect anything much. I just thought I owed you awesome people at least this scene.

Enjoy!

----------------------

Third Person's POV

Gai ran through the village before he suddenly sensed a presence behind him. A small one and slightly...enthusiastic, "Rin!" He bellowed, "What are you doing here? I told you to stay back!"

"You told your team to stay back," Rin corrected, matching pace, "And besides... I have a feeling the enemy is someone I can deal with."

"Overconfidence-" 

Rin shrugged. Gai's anger was reasonable, and her indifference was no doubt pissing him off, but Rin was not going to stop. If she was responsible for the attack, if it were an Oto attack, how could she not fight back? 

But it wasn't like Orochimaru and Kabuto knew Rin was alive...so why would they attack Konoha again, after a defeat? 

"I'll be fine," Rin said flatly, "you just worry about your own back."

Gai shook his head and growled, "I can't do that, because Kakashi and my other colleagues are there as well!"

"What?!" 

"Yeah, and it seems like they're in a bad situation....There they are!" 

***

Kakashi collapsed. Three days....Three whole days... And the pain never stopped. He couldn't get used to it, it just kept on ripping fresh. But now...the world the bright and colorful, and the three days was merely an illusion. 

"Kakashi!" Kurenai shouted, "Can we open our eyes? What happened?!" 

Kakashi wheezed as Kisame and Itachi exchanged brief words. What did these two S-Rank crimianls want in Konoha? Was it Sasuke? And speaking of Sasuke... Oh kami...Kakashi prayed, please, please, don't let the last person I want get here. She can't see this... Not Rin.

"Are you...are you looking for Sasuke?"

Itachi surveyed Kakashi. It couldn't hurt to tell him. After all, what could a dead man do about this? "No," Itachi said calmly, "We are after the fourth Hokage's inheritance!" 

Somehow...Kakashi was not surprised. He had been warned, and here they were, "Is that what you seek?" He held his body steaidly so he could raise his head to glare at the S-Rank criminals, "The nine tials that is sealed inside Naruto's body?" If Kakashi wasn't so mentally unstable, he would smirk at everyone's surprise, and this wasn't all, "I knkow that you two aren't the only ones...your organization is called.... Akatsuki right?"

....."Kisame!' Itachi raised his voice, "Take Kakashi with us, the others...kill them!"

Kisame rushed foreword, when- Leaf Spinning WInd!

The fish flew backwards as two people neatly landed on the water. Gai stood in front of everyone with a grin as the second guest turned to the other Jounin, seemingly unnoticed.

"What a funny outfit..." Kisame sneered, "Are you some kind of exotic beast?"

"The proud green beast of Konoha," Gai retorted, "Might Gai!"

Kakashi collapsed just as Rin turned her back to the enemy and shook Kakashi by the shoulders, "Hey! Hey are you okay? Damn it of course you aren't...what the hell happened?"