010: Camaraderie 1/3

Start from the beginning

"Let's see," I hummed and pretended to think for a moment. "Pandas or foxes, any dark color, I don't have a favorite food, alternative, and winter," I answered slowly. I glanced at Haruhi who was already looking at me. 

"Wow, you're eating cake, huh?" She questioned and raised an eyebrow. I shrugged and glanced at Honey. 

"I couldn't say no to him," I shrugged. I ate the cake in small bites. It wasn't great, but I still ate in any way. 

"Why don't you like cake? Haru-chan! Why doesn't Kemie like cake!?" Honey gasped. He hugged the pink bunny toy that sat beside him. 

"Kem's never liked sweet things, Honey. He likes bitter sour things," Haruhi answered. "Like black coffee and dark chocolate." I nodded and shrugged slightly. 

Around when the host club was going to start, Tamaki called me over. "Sit down, Kemuri. I'm going to teach you how to be a good host!" He placed both of his hands on my shoulder and pushed me down to sit on the sofa. I groaned slightly and allowed my body to drop onto the seat. Obviously, I don't really need this. 

"I'm already a good host. You saw my guests' expressions when they left!" I tried to argue, but it was too late. Tamaki had already began ranting before I was able to respond.

☁ 

Tamaki finally stopped talking about whatever he was talking about. After he had left me alone, I pulled my phone out and began scroll through the #KumaArita tag. Most of it was memes and theories or "rumors". All of my focus went to the screen in front of me. 

"Kemuri!" The twins shouted beside me out of nowhere. I flinched and dropped my phone onto my lap. 

"Fuck," I hissed softly. "Can you two not sneak up on me?" I glanced between the twins with a soft glare. Their identical eyes looked towards the phone in my lap. 

"Why are you looking at Kuma stuff? We thought you weren't a fan?" Hikaru asked and raised an eyebrow. His twin copied his action but said nothing. 

"Because you all are always talking about him, and I thought why not learn some things about him, so I know what you're talking about," I lied and shrugged. "I might as well. Since I am part of this club, that means I'll be around you and Tamaki more." 

"Are you secretly Kuma?" Kaoru whispered. 

"Don't lie to us, Kemuri," Hikaru added with a stern tone. I threw my head back with laughter and at the same time, the twins began laughing too. 

"Sure, Hitachiin, I totally am," I answered with heavy sarcasm. I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone back into my pocket. The two began walking away, so I called out, "Wait, do you guys think you can help me?"

"With what, Kem?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked in unison. I stood up and took a step forward. 

"In your opinion, what songs, poems, or short stories do you think are Kuma's best work?" At that moment, I knew I should have stayed silent. The brothers glanced at each other and began smirking widely. The next thing I knew, the Hitachiins were giving me a full analytical report on Kuma's work. 

Eventually, Tamaki joined in on the rant. I was able to escape while the three argues which of my songs were the most emotional. Clearly, it's subjective. Some topics create a bigger emotional response in some people than others. 

"What a ridiculous game," my sister thought out loud. I stood beside her and shifted all of my weight onto one leg.

"I know, right? I can't figure out why they're so popular," I agreed and nodded. I watched as the twins turned towards us with curious looks. 

"Huh, apparently, the Fujioka's don't understand the merits of having twins in the Host Club," Hikaru pointed out. 

"Listen here," Kaoru started. "Having a couple of attractive homosexuals earns plenty of high points." I raised an eyebrow. They're referring to themselves as "attractive homosexuals" now, huh?

"Sure, guys, keep telling yourself that," I scoffed. "I bet all the ladies love incestuous attractive twin brothers," I answered with a small laugh. I made sure to say the word "attractive" with heaps of sarcasm.

"Oh, yeah, sure... like you're super attractive too, Kemuri," the twins joked back. 

"Hikaru! Kaoru! I let you have control of the club's homepage on the condition that you would take it seriously! And we are taking it seriously," Tamaki cut in. He was holding a laptop open, so I glanced at the screen. What I saw on the device almost made me burst out laughing. 

"We were up until dawn last night working on it," the twins answered. I felt their identical eyes on me for a second. 

"Kemuri! Why aren't you as upset as I am??" Tamaki asked and motioned to the painfully obvious picture of my "shirtless" little sister. I chuckled and shook my head. Tamaki had begun panicking and ranting. 

"Hey, Tamaki, calm down," I stopped him. "Haruhi's torso is too long in the picture. Plus, I know Haruhi would never," I explained. "It's so obviously photoshopped." A look of realization spread across Tamaki's face. I didn't have to look at Haruhi to know she was beyond pissed. "If I didn't know Haruhi, I'd say its believable." 

"We did a good job then, huh?" Hikaru hummed and looked at me with a smirk. I pressed my lips into a thin line and shrugged. It wasn't the worst photoshop job I've seen. 

"You idiots! What a wasted use of your skills! Have some shame! But if you are going to do it, photoshop her with this idol photo collection," Tamaki responded. I slapped the backside of his head. 

"Leave my sister alone, you pervert," I scoffed and narrowed my eyes at Tamaki.

"Would you stop photoshopping pictures of me without my permission? Just what do you take other people to be?!" Haruhi groaned. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and she had an angry look on her face. 

"Isn't that obvious? Toys," Hikaru and Kaoru answered. I rolled my eyes. What the hell does that mean? Who the hell do they think they are? If anything, I've toyed with them more than anything. I let out a bored sigh and walked away from the group as I felt my phone buzz. 

☁ 

Today 3:31

SozoBozo:
Where you guys at?  

I'm bored.

NotKuma:
Still at school. It's club hours. 

Dom:
On my way, baby.

No homo

SozoBozo:
Yes, homo. Very much homo 

Dom:
Miss me with that gay shit

Kem, meet us at Sozen's when you're done.

NotKuma:
Yeah, sure

It's not gay if you have your socks on

SozoBozo:
Oh! OH! OH! Kem, how's the music going?

NotKuma:
I've got a few things I've been working on. 

I can show y'all when I come over

Dom:
Good, great

SozoBozo
Yes! I can't fucking wait~~

Dom:
Eww. I think he's your biggest fan. 

NotKuma:
Oof. I wish

Some of the guys in the club are overwhelming. They talk none stop about Kuma. 

SozoBozo:
Wtf??

I'll fight them
Read 3:40

Wc 1619