#153

"Babe?" Ashton softly said whilst opening the door to their bedroom. Lexi slowly opened her eyes and looked up from where she waas previously sleeping. She furrowed her brows before he walked in completely, holding a few white and a few transparent balloons.

Lexi smirked, widening her eyes once she noticed his outfit. "Ashton." She said, biting her lip and sitting up on her knees in the middle of the bed. "You can not be serious, are you re-making the day that you asked me to become your girlfriend?" Lexi laughed, getting off the bed and walking over to him.

Ashton just chuckled and put the helium balloons down on the bed before handing her an envelope. "No, wait, come on." Lexi said, grabbing his hand and pulling him back towards the bed. His dress shirt and fancy pants were an interesting contrast against his old t-shirt she was wearing.

They both sat down on the bed and Lexi reached for something in the bottom drawer of her nightstand. "I have to be very honest with you." Lexi said, biting her lip for a second. "I didn't realise our anniversary was today until yesterday when I was out for dinner with Sierra." She said, biting her lip and looking down. "But, I have been working on something since you asked me to marry you, and I wasn't planning on giving it to you already but I realised it would probably be the perfect gift for where we're at in our lives right now." She said, slowly looking up at Ashton that was staring at her in awe.

"You're making me very curious." Ashton chuckled whilst reaching out for her hand. Lexi nodded and slowly handed him the gift. It was wrapped in pretty wrapping paper and had a little bow on it. Ashton put the gift he was holding for her down and started unwrapping it. 

Once the wrapping paper came off, he let out a breath, wondering what was inside. It was a small notebook, no more than thirty pages but it looked used, very used. "You just keep on giving me notebooks, Lexi." Ashton chuckled whilst staring at her.

"No, listen." She giggled, placing her hand on top of his on the notebook. "I started writing thoughts and poems down whenever I was thinking about you. It's like a little poem book for you." Lexi said, a soft pink color now appearing on her cheeks. "Lex, that's beautiful." Ashton smiled, giving her a kiss.

"I finished it yesterday night after I got back from dinner with Essy and you were hanging out with Andy and I think it's finally ready to be yours instead of mine." She smiled, staring at it. Ashton couldn't wait any longer and opened it to the first page.

"You and I," he read out loud, smiling. He flipped the page and smiled, on it was a piece of paper that was ripped out of another notebook. "You didn't." Ashton said, letting his finger slide down the edges, "I did. It had to be there." Lexi bit her lip and stared at him. Ashton took a deep breath and smiled, wiping away a small tear that had appeared in the corner of his eye. "Bub." Lexi said, taking the notebook out of his hands and laying it down next to them, sitting down in his lap. 

"It's so thoughtful, I can't believe you did this for me." Ashton said, hugging Lexi tightly and staying like that for a while. "I love you so much." Ashton said, grabbing her head in his hands and placing a kiss on her lips. "I love you even more." Lexi said whilst nuzzling her head in to the crook of his neck. 

After a while Ashton grabbed the book in his hands again but Lexi remained seated on his lap. He quickly flipped through it. "Take your time and read it through, you don't have to do it right now." Lexi smiled, making him nod. "Thank you, so much." He smiled, placing another kiss on her lips.

"Now my present will look like shit." Ashton chuckled, reaching for the envelope. "It won't," Lexi chuckled, "I love everything you give me, you know that." She smiled, staring at him. "Alright, there you go." He said, handing her the envelope.

Lexi furrowed her brows and then opened the envelope, revealing a black and white picture of them. She gasped, "I totally forgot we did this shoot with Andy!" She said excitedly, staring at it. She smiled at it, they looked so happy and so in love.

"Don't think that's it though, I've got more." He smirked, making Lexi roll her eyes. "You really have to stop spoiling me like that." Lexi laughed, getting off of his lap since Ashton wanted to get up. "Okay, come on." He said, making Lexi chuckle. "Don't I have to get dressed or something?" She laughed but let him pull her with him anyways. "We're not leaving, don't worry." He said whilst walking towards the stairs.

They walked down the stairs and in to the living room, on which there was a tall bulky wrapped gift.

"Ashton what is all of this?" She laughed, sitting down on the couch whilst he sat down next to her. "Alright, so, it's not completely finished yet but I thought it would be a good idea to give it now so we can finish it together." He smiled, pointing at it.

"Go on, open it." He smiled, staring at Lexi who leaned forward and towards the coffee table, unwrapping it. She unwrapped it and it revealed a little set of old wooden shelves with things inside. "Ashton what is all of this?" She said, furrowing her brows at the drum sticks that laid on the highest little shelve. 

"It's our memory box." He smiled, rubbing a hand across her back. "What do you mean?" She said, furrowing her brows and reached for the drum sticks. "These were the drum sticks I used on the day we met." Ashton said, making Lexi widen her eyes. "That kind of memories?" She said, biting her lips and putting the drum sticks back.

She bit her lip and smiled, staring at the next item. It was a glass photo frame, not filled with a photo but with holographic confetti and a very special note. "The day you asked me to be your girlfriend?" She said, looking at Ashton who nodded and smiled. Lexi bit her lip and felt the tears now softly appearing, it was such a beautiful and thoughtful idea.

Ashton got the next item, which was a very familiar red box. "The day you proposed to me," Lexi said, now letting the tears stream. Ashton nodded and pulled her in to his lap. He opened the box and in it was some of the red confetti that had burst open once she said yes.

"Now obviously it's still not completed, you know that." Ashton said whilst hugging Lexi. She nodded and softly laid against his chest. "It needs to be filled up, though." He continued. "Our wedding, our honeymoon, our children-" "wait, seriously?" Lexi said, looking up. "Of course, we can get like the little pictures of them in your stomach, I forgot what those are called, but we can do that." He said, staring at her with excitement. "Ultrasounds?" She furrowed her brows and looked up.

"Yes, those." He smiled, staring at a flustered Lexi. "Suddenly our future looks so close." She said, staring at the shelve. "But it's still so far away, Lexi." Ashton said, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I don't want a baby next year, babe, it's just something I do see in our future." He said, smiling. 

Lexi nodded and laid her head on his chest. "Yeah, I see it too." She smiled whilst she felt Ashton's hands rub her back. "This day is already perfect," she said, looking up and placing a kiss on his lips.