#71

"Baby?" Ashton walked in to the dressing room, looking for Lexi. "Here." Lexi said softly and smiled, looking up from where she was laying on the couch. She put her phone down and stared at Ashton who walked over to her. 

"You okay?" Ashton asked whilst he sat in between her legs and hovered over her, placing a kiss on her nose. Lexi timidly nodded and looked past Ashton up to the ceiling. "No you're not, what's wrong." Ashton said, grabbing her hands and pulling her up so she was sitting in his lap. "I just kinda miss Australia." Lexi said, biting her lip and looking away.

"You sure that's all, I can tell when you're feeling a lot all at once." Ashton said, placing his hands on either side of her face and making her look in to his eyes. "Okay, I will tell you, but I shouldn't do it right before a show." Lexi bit her lip and looked away again.

Ashton furrowed his brows and stared at Lexi. "Okay I don't care, if it's about you, I need to know, I don't care that I have a show in thirty minutes, I would cancel the show if it meant you would smile." Ashton said, grabbing her hands.

"Ash you're making this so hard." Lexi sighed and got up, walking to the other side of the dressing room. "Please bub tell me what's wrong I am worried about you." Ashton said, getting up and walking over to her again.

"Okay." Lexi sighed, leaning against the wall. "Please promise me you will not get angry and you will not tell anybody else until we've figured everything out." Lexi said, placing her hands on his chest and staring in to his eyes. "Of course, always." Ashton smiled, leaning in to kiss her one last time.

"Alright." She said, biting her lip. "Basically," she took another breath. "I should have gotten my period two weeks ago, so I am like, really late." She said, dropping her hands from on Ashton's chest and bringing one of them to her lips, nervously playing with them. 

Ashton took a step back and brought his hands to his hair. "Fuck, are you serious?" He said, pulling on the strands in his hair. "I haven't gotten a test yet because we've been from place to place and I am scared people recognise me when I buy one. It has happened before but that was only a week." Lexi said, walking over to Ashton and placing her hand on his bicep.

"Ash, please, bub, say something." She said, her eyes getting watery because she began to panic. Ashton took a breath and held his hand in front of his mouth.

"Hey gu-" Calum entered the dressing room, furrowing his brows once he noticed them. "Everything al-" he said, stopping in the doorframe. "Talk to you later Cal." Lexi said, pushing him out of the dressing room and locking the door.

Lexi turned around again and stared at Ashton that stood frozen in the middle of the dressing room. "Ashton, please talk." Lexi said, walking back over to him. "This is why I did not want to tell you what was bothering me." Lexi sighed, grabbing his hands. "Sorry, I did not expect this." Ashton replied, walking over to the couch whilst holding on to her hands.

Lexi sat down next to him and they were both quiet for a short period of time. There was a knock on the door. "Ashton we have to go on in a few minutes." Luke yelled from the other side. "I'll be there." Ashton yelled back. Afterwards he held his head in his hands.

"Okay, listen, I understand if you want to break up. I'll go back to Australia and I can get my mother's help with raising the baby I would never want to ruin your career like that and I-" Lexi was cut off by Ashton's lips that were pressed against her own.

"I would never do that to you." Ashton said once he disconnected their lips, letting their foreheads touch. "We don't even know for sure if you are actually pregnant, you said so yourself, you've been a week late before." Ashton said, placing his hands on Lexi's waist and pulling her in his lap.

"I don't want to ruin your career, Ashton, it's the most important thing in your life." Lexi sighed, placing her forehead against Ashton's forehead again. "No it's not. Of course, it's very important to me. But you're more important." He said before picking up his head and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Let's go to a store tomorrow and pick up a test to make sure. Okay?" Ashton said, playing with her hands. "And it does not matter what the outcome is I will love you no matter what." He smiled, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in to a hug. 

"I'm scared." Lexi suddenly whispered. Ashton tightened his grip and shushed her, "you don't have to be, let's wait for tomorrow to feel anything." Ashton said. 

They sat a little longer wrapped up in each others arms. Lexi wiped the few tears off her cheeks and looked in to Ashton's eyes. "I love you so much, Ashton." She said before kissing him again. Ashton disconnected their lips and smiled whilst taking a hand through her hair. "I love you too," he said.

They broke apart when the knocking on the door became even louder, his three band members now all yelling things. "Oh shit sorry." Lexi groaned, getting up and fixing her sweatpants before walking over to the door.

"Can you all stop, fucking hell," she said, an annoyed frown on her face. "Sorry, Lex." Calum said, biting his lips. "Don't tell me you guys were just making out or something." Luke said, staring at Ashton who checked his appearance in the mirror before walking over to the door.

"We weren't," Ashton said. He placed a kiss on Lexi's cheek before grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers, pulling her with him to the backstage area. "Good luck baby." Lexi smiled, giving him one last kiss. "Would you mind if I headed back to the hotel in a bit?" She asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"No, I wouldn't, I'll see you tonight." He kissed Lexi one last time and smiled. "Good luck, rock 'em." She said before patting his bum as he walked off towards the stairs. 

Lexi stayed a little longer, watching the first two songs whilst she waited for the cab to arrive. She got a text and walked towards the exit, opening the door and walking out in to the fresh air. She felt like a weight was taken off her shoulder and she was relieved.

She got in to the cab and watched outside on her drive back, enjoying the scenic views that Manchester contained. Once she got to the hotel she softly walked over to the elevator, pushing the room button and going up to her and Ashton's room.

When she entered the room she contemplated wether or not she should call Ariana or Mali, but she decided she shouldn't tell anybody about it. Slowly, Lexi undressed, getting in to a t-shirt of Ashton before slipping in to the bed.

She was so emotionally drained from bottling the feelings up, that she was really tired. She could fall asleep easily and was gone after twenty minutes. 

It was about three hours later when Ashton softly entered the room, closing the door and walking over to the little desk. He put his bag down and undressed, grabbing a new set of boxers out of his suitcase before walking in to the bathroom and quickly rinsing off the sweat that had appeared during the show.

He quickly rinsed off before drying himself. He slipped in to the clean pair of boxers before walking out of the bathroom, seeing Lexi still laying wrapped up in the duvet cover. He picked it up on the side and slipped in, wrapping his arms around her waist. She inhaled deeply and slowly opened her eyes. Lexi smiled and turned around, facing Ashton.

"How was the show?" She asked sleepily. "Amazing." Ashton smiled before wrapping his arms tighter around her waist. Lexi laid her head against his chest and smiled, "good night baby." Was the last thing she heard before she fell back in to her deep slumber.