#21

Ashton sighed while holding on to the phone that was on speaker mode. Lexi shook her head and let her body fall back against Ashton's thighs. This could not be happening. Why did they have to get involved in this. Lexi thought that being a twenty-three year old and involving your parents was bad enough, but involving a management for a friendship fight was even worse.

Of course, Lexi had told her parents that she had gotten in a heated argument with Calum, and that she would come home a week early, but other than hearing that their mothers were having one more afternoon coffee than usual, nothing else really happened. Calum had given Lexi the cold shoulder the past two days.

If it was up to Lexi, she would have flown home that same night. But Ashton told her she had a panic attack after Calum told her to leave, so he didn't want to leave her out of his sight, which was cute, but could also get pretty annoying.

Currently, Ashton was on the phone with their management. 

Sadly, the management of the boys has involved itself in their friendships now. The management wants Lexi to stay with the boys and even go with them on tour. They're even willing to cover any costs. Now, Lexi really did not want to do this. Because being stuck on a bus with Calum and having to see him in a cramped space after their huge fight, really didn't appeal to her.

But on the other hand, Lexi realised it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. She would be able to travel the world, something she had wanted for a long time. She would be able to hang out with Ashton, Luke and Michael and see them for way longer than just a month. Even Crystal would join them on tour for a good part, so really, she was in a battle.

Was Calum really going to ruin this opportunity for her?

"Wait, wait, wait." Lexi suddenly said, interrupting the man on the other end of the telephone call. "Sorry, I just realised. Why would I say no. I'll go on tour." Lexi said. Ashton furrowed his brows. Why was he here then? He was supposed to get Lexi out of this deal with his management so she could go home.

"Alright, great, Lexi," the man on the phone said. "We're calling you back in ten minutes," Ashton said and hung up. 

Ashton's face spoke a thousand words as he looked at Lexi, like she had just gone insane. She sat up straight and looked straight in to Ashton's eyes. "What are you doing? I was trying to work your way out of it." Ashton said, furrowing his brows. "I just realised. I might be in a fight with Calum, for God knows how long, maybe forever, but why would I let that stop me. They're going to pay all my expenses so I to travel the world with you guys. I would get to see you guys more and honestly, that's all I really want in life. I can do my job from anywhere in the world, I can even quit it if your management ends up paying me as much as they promised." Lexi said, showing Ashton a small smile.

Slowly, the smile crept on to Ashton's face and Lexi poured herself in to his arms. "You're right. Don't let Calum stop you." Ashton said while hugging her, falling on to the bed. "Alright, I'll call him back and ask him to finalise the papers." Ashton sat up again with Lexi in his lap, he grabbed his phone again. "Wait? Papers?" Lexi furrowed her brows and turned to look at him.

"Of course, since they're going to pay for you, there need to be a few rules and guidelines." Ashton said like it was completely normal. "Okay, that makes me uneasy." Lexi said, getting out of his lap and sitting in front of him again. "It's normal, don't think about it." Ashton smiled and rang up the management again. 

They spoke for a short period of time until Ashton hung up the phone, showing Lexi a smile. "You're coming on tour." He smiled, staring at Lexi before he took her in his arms and hugged her. "I can't wait." She whispered, feeling so happy.

"Come, let's tell the others." Ashton said, getting up from the bed and rushing out of the room. In the living room, everybody else, including Crystal, was seated. "We have an announcement." Ashton said, making them all look up. Calum furrowed his brows, looking at the two people that were broadly smiling.

"I'm coming on tour!" Lexi said excitedly. Michael and Luke immediately jumped up and started cheering. "That's amazing!" Luke hugged Lexi and then let Michael do the same. "Oh my god that's so much fun!" Crystal eventually said, pulling Lexi in to a hug as well.

"Are you serious?" Calum eventually said, staring at Lexi. She nervously nodded, Ashton taking a step in front of her. "I thought I told you to go home." He said, making Lexi bite her lip and stare at her feet. "Listen up Cal, we like having her around too. It's not all about you." Luke spoke up, staring at Calum.

"Sure, right, cause all of a sudden she is your best friend." Calum rolled his eyes and got up from the couch. "It's not like it feels like I am still yours." Lexi then said, breaking the silence. Crystal gasped, Lexi knew it was brutal but it was exactly the truth.

"Fuck off." Calum scoffed, grabbing his phone, wallet, pack of cigarettes and lighter and walking out of the house. Everybody was quiet for a second, hearing him slam the front door shut. That was, until Luke cleared his throat. 

"Lexi's coming on tour! Lexi's coming on tour!" He cheered, picking her up and throwing her over her shoulder, running through the living room.