#43

Ashton and Lexi have been officially dating for about two weeks now and life was looking pretty good. Calum was still not speaking full sentences to Lexi and even though she thought it sucked, she let it slide pretty well. 

Ashton had just left to go explore a bit of Virginia but Lexi had decided to stay in. She was beginning to feel under the weather and was on her period so she was a little emotional. Ashton had been nothing but nice and sweet. He even went out at eleven PM to get her chocolate from Target because she was craving it last night.

So, Lexi told him to go and do something fun with Luke for a change. 

There was a knock on her hotel room door, making Lexi furrow her brows. "Ash? The door is open. Did you forget something?" Lexi said, hoping she didn't have to get up out of her perfectly positioned pillow fort in the big hotel room.

After a few seconds, there was another knock on the door. Lexi let out a loud groan and got out of the pillow fort, sad to see it fall apart. She walked over to the door and opened it, revealing a few white balloons in front of her with somebody behind it.

"What do you guys have with balloons I swear to god." Lexi sighed before she realised that there was text on these white balloons. "Sorry I am such an asshole." Lexi read out loud. "Cal," Lexi sighed before she grabbed the balloons out of his hands and he revealed himself. "What are you doing here?" Lexi chuckled because of how he decided to apologise. "I really am sorry." Calum said, stepping inside of the hotel room, closing the door and following Lexi to the bed.

Lexi put the balloons down on the desk and stared at Calum who took off his shoes before sitting at the bed end. "What are you sorry about though?" Lexi asked, raising one of her eyebrows and crossing her arms.

"Please, Lex, you know how hard I find apologising don't make it harder." Calum groaned. "Answer my question, thanks." Lexi said, showing him a fake smile.

"Alright, truth is." Calum sighed, staring at his hands. "Our mothers were hanging out the other day, since they are best friends, obviously." He started, making it hard for Lexi to maintain a straight face. "And they were looking through old photo albums, I know, so basic of them." Calum said, making Lexi giggle. Calum laughed at the sound. "And my mother sent me a few pictures of when we were like really little and I just realised I don't want us to be mad at each other and hold a grudge." Calum sighed, staring at Lexi and sitting closer to her to hold her hands.

"I know I was being an asshole when you came to Los Angeles and I should never have chosen Roy or Alexa above you and I feel so stupid I did." Calum sighed. "Truth is, I did go through a rough time and they were there for me when you were asleep in Australia." Calum said, biting his lip. "But still, it does not come close to the amount of times you were there for me. When I lived in Australia, when I was still fourteen or something. But also when I called you up in the middle of the night." Calum said, hoping Lexi was feeling alright about this.

"I want to go back to being your best friend, I miss you so much." Calum sighed. He was done with apologising and he just hoped Lexi was okay with it. "You had me at 'Sorry I am such an asshole'." Lexi giggled and wrapped her arms around Calum. "Thank God, I was so scared you were going to stay mad at me for the rest of my life." Calum said whilst he wrapped his arms around Lexi and they sat on her bed, hugging for a little.

They were quiet for a little until they broke apart. "Want to go to this cool place I discovered yesterday?" Calum asked, looking at Lexi. "I have to wait until Ash gets back and I need a hand full of pain killers, then I'll be alright I think." Lexi said, getting up and slipping on sweats. She walked to the other side of the room to shoot a picture of the balloon.

"Where did you even get these in the first place." Lexi giggled, reading the lines. "I found them at Target the other day." Calum said casually. Lexi just giggled, "so perfect." She walked in to the bathroom and applied the littles bit of makeup. Then she heard the door open and Ashton say something.

"Hey baby," Lexi smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing a soft kiss on his lips. Ashton immediately relaxed and wrapped his free hand around Lexi's waist. "Did you have fun with Luke?" Lexi smiled, keeping her arms wrapped around his neck whilst staring at him. "Yeah, we had a good time. What is Calum doing in here and why haven't you two killed each other yet?" Ashton then asked, making Lexi chuckle.

Lexi walked over to the balloons and picked them up. "Calum apologised, these were part of his little speech." Lexi laughed, Ashton started laughing about the balloons and then stared at Calum who stood smiling widely on the other side of the room.

"This is amazing." Ashton said, walking over to Calum and giving him a hug. "Now I've got my boyfriend and my best friend together, my life can't get any better." Lexi rushed over to them, making it a group hug.