#16

Lexi had been in Los Angeles for a little over two weeks now and she had been enjoying most of it. She really noticed Calum stepping up and trying to include Lexi in parties and conversations. He really went out of his way for her. They have been to parties quite a few times now and she really enjoyed them, especially when she was with one of the boys or Crystal.

It is just that she felt like Alexa and Roy didn't really like her. And it began taking a toll on her. She really wanted to come with Calum to whatever he wanted. He took her out for lunch or dinner a few times, they went to the beach twice but now he wanted to go to another party. And Lexi wasn't really in the mood.

She sighed and got up out of her bed, walking in to the hallway and over to Ashton's room. To her surprise, Luke was already there, both checking their phones. "Hey," she said, furrowing her brows. "Where's Calum." She said, sitting down on the bed. 

"He went out with Alexa to get lunch." Luke said, taking a hand through his hair. "Really?" Lexi furrowed her brows even more, why didn't he tell her? "He didn't tell me?" Lexi said and stared at the two boys. 

"I don't know." Ashton said, putting his phone next to him and staring at Lexi. "Everything alright?" He furrowed his brows and sat a little closer to her. "I don't know. I feel like Calum thinks I am stopping him from having fun." She sighed. Now Luke put his phone away too, looking at her as well.

"What makes you think that?" Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know, he just seems like he's having fun when we're together but he also seems a little off." She closed her eyes and held her head in her hands. "Maybe he doesn't feel like I'm his best friend anymore." She sighed, not knowing what to do.

"Lexi, that is nonsense, you are his best friend and you will always stay his best friend too." Ashton said, placing his hand on Lexi's back. "I just feel like he has changed so much," Lexi started saying, now her eyes becoming teary. "It might look like that, but deep down he is still the same Calum you grew up with." Luke said, placing his hand on her knee. 

"Lexi, think about it. Why would he pay your plane ticket, welcome you in to his house and pay all of your food if he did not care about you?" Ashton said, trying to calm down the sobbing girl. "But why do I feel like Alexa and Roy do not like me, then?" She said, slowly crashing in to Ashton's chest whilst he wrapped his arms around her.

The two boys exchanged looks and then they looked at the sobbing girl again. "It might feel like that, but Alexa and Roy are just completely different people." Luke tried to tell her. "They like you, don't worry about that. Everybody likes you, come on, Ariana Grande even texts you on a daily basis." Luke said, a chuckle escaping his lips, trying to make her realise that it is true.

"You might be right." She said softly. "Maybe you need to go and talk with Alexa one on one some time." Ashton said. "Well, Calum wanted to go to this party some friend of him is throwing but I honestly don't feel like going." Lexi sighed, feeling comfortable in Ashton's arms. "Well, the party is for Mitchy's birthday. And Mitchy is amazing. So I think if there is one party you should not skip, it is that one." Luke said, smiling.

"Mitchy huh? He seems like a pretty cool guy yeah." Lexi said, wiping her cheeks. "I really hope you feel better Lexi, you really are not a burden to Calum." Luke said, staring at the girl in front of him in his best friend's arms.

Lexi nodded, slowly breathing again. "So what time are we leaving?" She then asked, checking her watch. "Around ten, so we've got like five hours." Luke said, picking up his phone again. "Want to watch a movie or something and wait for Calum to come home?" Ashton asked, making Lexi look up to meet his stare.

"Yeah, fine by me." Lexi said, getting out of Ashton's lap and walking out of the room and over to the living room, where the biggest television is positioned. The boys followed her with blankets and pillows and then Luke went in to the kitchen to get a few bottles of soda and a bag of chips.