#34

"Oh, shit, Lex, look at this." Crystal whispered to Lexi. They were sat in a taxi on their way to the hotel. Ashton's hand was loosely laid on Lexi's thigh and Crystal was sat on Lexi's other side. Behind them were the other three boys.

"What's wrong." Lexi said, looking at Crystal's phone screen. She showed it and Lexi furrowed her brows. "I mean, it's a cute picture, I don't see what's wrong with it." Lexi said, staring at the picture of her laughing whilst hugging Ashton at the airport. "Well, look at the comments." Crystal said softly. Lexi scrolled through the comments. So many people thought they were dating all of a sudden.

She could care, she could take it personal, but really, she wasn't going to let that happen. "I don't really care." Lexi simply said, looking up from the phone and staring at Crystal. She smiled and placed her hand on top of Ashton's. Crystal smiled, she was proud of how Lexi responded. 

A few minutes later they arrived at the hotel. Lexi leaned across Ashton to look out of the window and see how high the hotel was. "That's pretty high." She bit her lip and turned her head, staring at Ashton who was really close to her again. "I doubt we're on the top floor." Ashton laughed and opened the door.

Lexi adjusted her position and waited for Ashton to get out so she could get out too. He grabbed her hand loosely and they walked in to the hotel. There was no paparazzi or a mob of fans for a change, which felt good.

They all poured in to the hotel and waited until they could go up to their rooms. Lexi dropped Ashton's hand and grabbed her phone, checking her messages to see if anything popped out. Nothing really did so she just put her phone back in her pocket and followed everyone to the elevator.

"Alright, we've got the penthouse again," one of the assistants said. Lexi bit her lip and turned towards Ashton, "I doubt we're on the top floor," she playfully mocked him. Ashton groaned and then chuckled, wrapping an arm around her neck and pulling her in to his chest. 

They stood in the elevator for a little longer and then appeared in the corridor with one door. The assistant opened the door and everyone piled in. "Holy shit this is gorgeous." Crystal broke the silence. She walked around the living room area of the penthouse. There was a wall made of glass on which a balcony with a pool was placed, on the other side were five doors, signalling five bedrooms.

Everybody called their dibs on their hotel rooms and Lexi just took the last one available. Lexi then grabbed a cigarette and walked on to the balcony, lighting it and enjoying the view. Suddenly, Michael walked on to the balcony. "Your phone's ringing." He said, holding out her phone. "Oh thanks." Lexi quickly grabbed her phone, furrowing her brows when she saw that the caller ID was no other than Shawn Mendes.

"Shawn?" She playfully asked, wondering why he called her. "Hey, Lexi!" He replied friendly. Lexi threw her cigarette on the ground and followed Michael in to the main area of the penthouse where Crystal and Ashton were sitting. "Hey, I saw you guys were in Toronto, you're lucky because I'm in my hometown for the weekend." Shawn started talking, Lexi bit her lip, interested in where this was going.

"That's a coincidence, I haven't seen you since we left Los Angeles like two and half weeks ago." Lexi said, making the other people in the main area look up. "Do you want to catch up with a cup of coffee or something?" Shawn asked her. Lexi smiled, getting out of the hotel without one of the boys seemed nice. 

She really enjoyed spending time with the boys and Crystal, but they were so stuck with each other it seemed nice to get a breather too. "Sounds great," Lexi smiled. "Text me your hotel details, I'll pick you up in like an hour or something." Shawn told her. They exchanged goodbye's and then hung up.

"Who have you not seen since Los Angeles?" Crystal chuckled. Michael, Ashton and Crystal were looking up at Lexi. "Shawn." Lexi smiled, sitting down next to Crystal. "Mendes?" Ashton furrowed his brows. Lexi nodded, showing them a small smile. "He invited me for a cup of coffee, I thought it would be nice." She smiled, grabbing her phone again to text him the details.

"That's nice! Is it like a date or something?" Crystal said, looking over at Ashton who just stared at Lexi with his brows furrowed. "I doubt it, we're friends, besides, I'm like three years older than him." Lexi chuckled, typing away on her phone.

Everyone was quiet until Ashton cleared his throat. "Why did you guys have other plans? I thought we were free to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day since the show is tomorrow?" Lexi furrowed her brows and looked up. "No, it's fine, really." Ashton said, getting up and walking over to his room.

"I'll go and get ready then," Lexi smiled, walking back to her room to start getting ready.