#54

Lexi and Calum walked down the sunny street of Seattle. They had gotten to Seattle late last night and weren't expected at the venue for another few hours, so Lexi told Calum they were going to get some coffee and get out of the bus.

Calum was happy she did, he immediately said yes. They had been stuck on the bus for a solid few days and he really needed to get out of the rhythm of bus, venue, bus, venue. Lexi just knew Calum like that; she knew what he needed without him having to say it. 

"So, talk." Lexi smiled whilst taking a sip of her iced coffee. "Well, I'm happy you kidnapped me out of the bus." Calum smiled, bumping their shoulders against each other. "I know." Lexi laughed. "I'm beginning to feel a little better, honestly." Calum said, making Lexi smile. "That's good." Lexi told him, nodding in an approving way.

"I think that a few days ago was just your breaking point." Lexi said, becoming serious again. Calum nodded, she was right. "And when you hit a breaking point, and you talk, you tend to feel much better after a few days." Lexi smiled. Calum nodded, it was sometimes a little freaky how good Lexi knew him.

"I told Mali to call you, but you knew that." Lexi said after they turned a corner. "Yeah she told me, she's been checking up on me too." Calum said. He realised how many people actually cared about him and wanted him to feel his best. "Mali and you really know how to make me feel better." Calum smiled, feeling grateful.

"Of course Cal, that's what best friends are for." Lexi smiled, grabbing his hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Can't wait until we start Europe and we get to see Mali!" Lexi cheered, realising that that moment was coming closer and closer.

Calum nodded, agreeing. They both finished their iced coffee and threw it in a trash bin. Then they both got a cigarette and continued walking. "The venue is like three blocks away so we'll be on time, don't worry." Calum said when he noticed Lexi picking up her pace. Lexi chuckled and slowed down her pace again.

It was almost four in the afternoon now and they usually started rehearsing at five, so they had an hour to spare. There were already lots of people queuing in front of the venue so Calum really had to make sure nobody spotted him. 

"Do you want to go say hi to the fans once we're behind the fence?" Lexi asked him when they neared the venue and they could see the queue that went in to the other direction, far from them. It looked really long. "Yeah, that would be nice." Calum nodded, throwing his finished cigarette bud on the ground and continuing with the walking.

They slipped in to the venue unseen and walked over the open court. It was a huge concrete ground on which the tour busses and a lot of other busses with all of their stuff stood. The stage management was still busy unloading the stuff. Calum and Lexi passed their own tour bus and neared the fence.

People started screaming and yelling when they noticed Calum and Lexi. Lexi smiled, she lit another cigarette whilst Calum dropped his to the ground and followed him to the fence. "Calum! Hi!" A girl yelled and reached her hand through the fence. Calum took it and smiled. "Hey guys." Calum replied friendly. Lexi stayed behind a little and smiled at the sight.

"Lexi!" Somebody suddenly yelled so she looked up where it came from. It was a girl that stood close to Calum and she waved Lexi over. Lexi threw away her cigarette, neared the crowd and smiled. "Hey guys." Lexi smiled, holding on to some of their hands.

 "We love your friendship so much," a girl said, making Lexi and Calum smile and look at each other. "We really hope you are feeling better Calum." Another girl said and Calum nodded, "Lexi's been helping me a lot, my sister and the boys too, and of course you guys make me really happy too." Calum smiled, reaching for people that stood a little further in the back.

They talked for a little longer until Calum thought it was time to head back. "Bye guys!" Lexi said, waving whilst they walked away. Then she followed Calum who had started walking back already and they headed to the bus.

When they walked in, they could see Luke, Michael and Ashton sitting on their knees on one of the couches looking like they had just looked through the windows. "Were you guys spying on us?" Lexi laughed while walking inside. Luke chuckled and nodded. Lexi reached out for Ashtons hand and grabbed it, sitting down next to him and placing a kiss on his lips. "You guys looked really happy." Michael said, sitting down normally as well.

"They were so nice," Calum nodded and smiled. "Look at Calum! All happy and stuff!" Ashton smiled broadly and leaned forward to pinch his cheeks. Calum giggled and nodded, "you guys really help me out so much." He said, showing them another smile.

"I'm happy that we do." Lexi nodded whilst playing with Ashton's fingers. 

"So, what's the plan for the rest of the day?" Lexi asked after everybody was quiet for a little while. "Also where is Crystal?" Lexi then said, furrowing her brows. "She is doing a workout in some dressing room in the venue I don't know." Michael chuckled. "But to answer your other question, we've got to get our stuff together, then there is the soundcheck, then we're getting ready and then it's time to go on stage." Ashton said, wrapping his arm around Lexi and pulling her in to his side.

"So pretty basic, really." Lexi said, looking through the window and seeing Crystal walking over to the bus. "There's Crys." Lexi said before they heard the door opening. She walked in, smiling. "Hey guys." She sat down next to Michael. "How was your workout?" Michael asked, intertwining their fingers.

"Really good, the showers here are also pretty nice by the way." She said, smiling.

They talked for a little longer until it was time to head in to the building and start getting ready. Before the boys went on to the stage for soundcheck, Lexi made sure to hug all of them, giving Ashton a kiss.

"Have fun baby," she smiled before placing another soft kiss on his lips. Ashton smiled and let his hands roam across her bum and back for a second before disconnecting. Lexi bit her lip and smiled as she watched him enter the stage and the cheering became louder.

Crystal and Lexi sneaked up behind the stage so they could see the boys sitting at the edge of the stage, talking. Lexi loved this life she was living and she wish it would never end.