#9

"So." Calum said, holding open the door for Lexi. She walked outside and immediately grabbed her bag and pulled a cigarette out of it, lighting it. They started walking down the street, not really with any destination in mind.

"Where do you want to go?" Calum asks, breaking the comfortable silence they were in. "I don't really know the way around, you do." Lexi laughed, brushing their sides together. "We could stroll around a little bit and go to the mall." Calum proposed, dropping his cigarette and stomping his foot on it.

"Sounds fine." Lexi replied, doing the same as they started walking towards the mall that was not too far away. In the mean time they talked about home and Australia. "So has anything changed?" Calum asked, now interested in his old life. "I mean, people graduated, got jobs, went to college." Lexi told him, not telling him any deep stories.

"Does the old group still come together?" Calum asked, interested in the people he used to hang out with besides his band mates. Lexi decided to play a little bit and make him miss them, they did still hang out but she could make it look like they had heaps of fun, more than they actually do.

"Not as often as back in high school but when we do, it's always fun when we're together." Lexi said, a big smile plastering on her face. "Really?" Calum wondered. "Yeah, oh, I think two weeks ago we went to Chris' lake house and everybody got drunk off their minds, it was hilarious." Lexi started laughing, making Calum look down to his feet.

"Madison and Cara are finally dating, Chris and Jessica broke up but I think that they're still friends with benefits or something. And Jamison asked me out when he was drunk and when he was sober but I kindly declined." Calum widened his eyes and stared at his best friend, it really did sound like a fun time. He was kind of sad that he had missed out on so many fun moments. "Sounds like loads of fun." He said, sounding distant.

"Definitely, always great to get the old group together." Lexi smiled, seeing Calum bite his lip. "But you probably have an amazing friend group here as well." Lexi said, feeling slightly bitter. "Yeah." Calum replied, a soft sigh escaping his lips. "But it's different." He said, staring off in to the distance.

"In what way?" Lexi asked, looking next to her and staring at Calum. "Everybody cares about their looks here. Everybody wants to be successful and show they have money." He said, turning the corner. Lexi just listened, nodding. She kind of understood that. Definitely when she looked at Alexa, with her Gucci belt and Balenciaga shoes, it made her cringe even.

"Anyways," Calum said, taking a breath and wrapping his arm around Lexi. "I'm happy you are here." Calum smiled, making Lexi smile as well. They walked like that for a while until they passed a tattoo parlor. "I was planning on getting a new tattoo soon, by the way." Calum said, making Lexi raise her brows surprised.

"Do tell me more." She smiled whilst they continued walking. "Well." Calum started saying, showing her a good smirk. "I have my parent's initials, I've got Mali-Koa, I just need you now." Calum smiled. Lexi stopped walking and stared at him. "You're kidding?" She laughed whilst Calum shook his head. "No I'm not. I've got everyone that is important to me on my body, you're the missing piece." Calum smiled, wrapping his arms around Lexi and pulling her in to a hug.

Lexi smiled, "I feel like I always am." She bit her lip, "it's going to change from now on." Calum said, looking in to her eyes for a second before hugging her again.

They disconnected the hug and started walking again. "Let's go in to this store, I want some clothes whilst I am in cheap and patriotic America." Lexi laughed whilst dragging Calum in to a store.

The next two hours were spent walking in and out of stores, Calum carrying her bags and them talking about everything. "Want to head back?" Calum eventually asked whilst they walked out of yet another store. "Sure," Lexi said, showing him a smile. She really did have fun and it felt really natural again to be together and hang out.

They started walking back to the car, both getting another cigarette. Calum looked up from his phone and stared at the cigarette in Lexi's hand. She was staring in front of her and looking at the incredible view. He was very happy his best friend was here with him. Even more amazing, she was staying for an entire month.

Not too long after, they got to the car. They both got in, feeling like this was a good day of being best friends. When they arrived back at the house, Calum got the shopping bags from the backseat and walked over to the front door.

"Did you have fun?" Calum smiled, staring at Lexi. "I did, I'm happy I am here." Lexi said whilst walking in to the house. Calum put the shopping bags down so Lexi could wrap her arms around his waist and hug him. Calum smiled and hugged her back.

Once they entered the living room they found Calum's bandmates sitting on the couch, playing something on the Xbox.

"Hey guys!" Ashton said, smiling. Calum waved hello and walked off to the kitchen. Lexi smiled and walked over to the boys, sitting down in between Ashton and Luke. "Was it fun?" Ashton asked, wrapping his arm around Lexi and pulling her in to his side, sitting back. Lexi took off her hat and nodded, laying her head on Ashton's chest and staring at the television, tracing circles on his stomach.

"Did you get to talk?" Ashton asked, playing with her hair. "Yeah, I think we're alright." Lexi replied, not looking up. She pulled her legs up on the couch and laid with her head on Ashton's chest for a while. Calum had entered with two glasses of water and sat down next to Michael.

Lexi paid attention to the television screen for a while until her eyelids became heavy and they closed, causing her to softly fall asleep. Ashton noticed so he made Luke grab a blanket and put it over her body so she wouldn't get cold.