bonus #1

The Day Ashton met The Love of his Life

We had just finished my first rehearsal of the nameless band I decided to join. It was a long shot, really. I didn't even know those boys all too well. The only reason I joined in the first place was because I was just interested in if they were any good.

Which they were.

They came over to my house earlier today and I showed them my garage, in which I had my drum set. They were immediately impressed with it. We talked for a little, about school and music, I told them I used to be in a different band called Swallow The Goldfish but it wasn't really going anywhere, so I thought I'd just try the music thing out with them.

Calum had told me his best friend was coming over around the ending of the practice, I was totally fine with it.

I had just gone up the stairs to my room to go grab something for my drumsticks when I heard the doorbell ring. I heard footsteps in the hallway and then I heard Calum say "Lex," which I thought was a very special name. Then I heard a girly voice, "hey Cal." And I froze. Did Calum really just forget to mention to me that his best friend was a girl?

I shrugged it off and walked back to my room, getting the stuff I needed before heading back down the stairs. I saw my younger siblings sitting in the living room and I walked straight past them towards the garage.

I walked in to the garage and stared at my drum set. The most beautiful girl I had ever seen was sat behind it, behind my drum set. She was wearing a big Nirvana t-shirt, using it like a t-shirt dress. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun and she had a cheetah print bandana wrapped around her head. She looked beautiful and I had no idea what to say.

"So you're the new drummer?" She questioned, standing up and walking towards me. "Hi, I'm Lexi, Calum's best friend." She showed me a polite smile, which I returned. She sounded so chill, so friendly. "Hi, I'm Ashton, Ashton Irwin." I held out my hand and she shook it, smiling at me.

"So how about you let me judge if you're actually any good?" She smirked at me whilst she sat down in one of the bean bag chairs in the front of the garage, kicking her Doc. Martens up on the one next to it. She stared at me, I nodded, grabbing my drum sticks and sat down behind my drum set.

Michael told us which song we would do, "alright." I said before counting down, starting out with a very basic beast. Every now and then I would look up to see Lexi enjoying it. Eventually she was even bopping her head, which ment she really liked it. When we got to the chorus I decided to do something fun and do a mini solo, afterwards I looked up to see her smile even bigger than before.

After we finished, she applauded us and walked over to Calum. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her in to his side. I began to wonder if they were more than just best friends. They seemed really close and used to each other.

I showed Lexi a small smile and stared at her whilst she continued talking. "Have you guys thought about a name yet?" Luke turned around to look at Michael and me. "Not really, but that one guy from that bar you told us about said we could send him some of our stuff once we came up with one."  Michael started telling her whilst he walked over to his bag to get some water.

Lexi got all excited and smiled at Calum, "you should really give him a demo of something. If he lets you play weekly shows there you never know what can happen. Maybe you guys get discovered!" She said, full of enthusiasm. We connected eyes for a second and I just stared at her, a little in awe of her character and beauty.

Luke's talking pulled me out of my thoughts, "yeah right, like we'd ever be good enough to get famous." I frowned whilst he put his guitar back. I cleared my throat and walked away from my drum set. "Well if you're being so negative you'll never get what you want." I said and looked at Luke, Lexi nodded, completely agreeing with me.

"Come on guys, now that you've got a drummer you're ready for the next step." Lexi said whilst Calum pulled her with him towards the bean bags, sitting down next to each other. "Besides, if you do ever get famous, you could set me up on a date with one of the Jonas Brothers." Lexi winked and then stared at Calum. I looked at Calum to see his response and he laughed loudly, this probably meant they were not in to each other like that, it made my heart skip a beat.

"And that is why we'll never get famous, Lexi, just to protect your doing life from it's terrible mistakes." Calum said, making me chuckle and stare at the two whilst he wrapped his arm around her and she joined him in the laughter. Luke and Michael both joined them as well and laughed loudly.

"Like it hasn't made any mistakes so far, please." She laughed even louder before reaching for her phone. The laughter died down and I cleared my throat, making them all look up at me. "Do you guys want to order pizza or something?" I asked, the boys all turned their heads back to Lexi, as if they wanted her to make that decision for them. "Sounds pretty good." She said, smiling.

I nodded and got up, walking out of the garage to ask my siblings if they wanted pizza too. I walked in to the living room to see Lauren and Harry sitting on the couch. "Who's that girl that just got here?" Lauren asked whilst I reached for the phone. "Lexi, she's Calum's best friend." I replied, my cheeks flushing.

"She's really pretty." Lauren said, smiling at me. "I know," I smiled back. I asked them what pizza they wanted before walking out of the living room and back towards the garage. I stopped before I entered since I heard them talking.

"Promise me one thing though, for if you ever do get famous." It was Lexi, so I frowned, was she going to ask them for a date with a Jonas Brother again? "Anything," Calum replied, the frown did not leave my face since it sounded very serious. "Please never forget me." She said, making me bite my lip, she was pretty sensitive around these boys, they must be very close. "I could never," Calum replied and I smiled, he was good to her.

It was quiet for a little while and so I walked in again, like I didn't hear anything. "What kind of pizza do you guys want?" I asked, making them look up. "We all like Pepperoni. Except Luke, he's very picky on his four cheese." Lexi smiled at me, making me chuckle. "Alright, I'll order them." I replied, turning around again. "I'll help you with the plates and drinks," Lexi said whilst following me back out of the garage. She really didn't have to but it was kind. "Thanks," I smiled at her whilst we walked over to the kitchen.

I called the pizza place and ordered the pizza's whilst Lexi just leaned against the kitchen counter and stared at me and the kitchen, looking at her surroundings. When I finished ordering she smiled at me and I walked over to one of the cabinets to get some plates.

"So you and Calum really are best friends?" I asked whilst handing her a few plates. "Yup, have been for thirteen years, he's like my brother, little brother to be specific." She smiled, holding on to the plates. "Little brother?" I frowned, staring at her. "Yeah, I'm a year older than him." She replied like it was nothing. "Oh really, so you're sixteen?" I asked her, making her nod again.

"Yeah, I'm the oldest one in the little group." She smirked, turning around and completely facing me. "Well, not anymore, I'm seventeen." I smirked before sticking my tongue out. Lexi laughed, letting her head fall back a little. "Great, finally another adult." She giggled before patting my shoulder before picking up the plates and walking back out of the kitchen and over to the garage.

I sighed and stared at her whilst she walked off, she was beautiful and I was already in love with her.