Chapter Twenty-Nine

Kesha ended up at Samantha's house. No one was in, but they didn't need to be.

Kesha knew where the spare key was hidden, letting herself in. Samantha wouldn't mind.

As soon as she was inside, Kesha sprinted towards the bathroom and locked herself in.

"Where are the stupid razors in this place?" She crised, exasperated.

Finally she found one. It looked old and dirty, but Kesha didn't care.

She quickly stamped on it, revealing it's blade. It wasn't a sharp one, as the razor was old, but it would do.

Kesha made three long, sharp cuts on her wrist. In her eyes, they were beautiful.

She knew that she couldn't make anymore cuts though - cleaning up the blood would take too long - but she had another idea.

As she left the bathroom and began humming a song softly.

"It's just like you said, Demi..." She mumbled softly.

Then she sang a line of the song out loud. Her favourite line.

"It's like you're pouring sault in my cuts," she sang. Then she entered the kitchen, grasping the sault.

Holding her arm out straight, she poured the sault straight into her fresh cuts.

The pain was unbearable.

Screams escaped her cracked lips, rocketing off the walls and echoing around the empty house.

But it wasn't empty really. In her daze getting to the sault, she hadn't seen two people standing by the door.

"Miss Coop?" A young voice asked. "Are you okay?"

Kesha spun around, coming face to face with Jackie's friend Maxine. Jackie was standing slightly behind her.

"No, Max. I'm fine," she said.

Max had pearl blonde hair and was small for her age, looking six rather than eight.

Kesha had known Max since she was four, as that was when Jackie had made friends with her.

They were in the same class at school and always had been.

"Jackie, why are you guys home already?" She asked, looking around worriedly.

She knew Samantha wouldn't be far behind them and was hoping to hide any evidence of what she had just been doing.

"It's three o'clock, Miss Coop. That's home time," Max explained.

"Oh, right." Kesha mumbled lamely. "Maxie, sweetie, you know that you don't have to call me miss. How many times!"

"But Mummy says that you must talk to important people with respect, and you're very important!" Max protested.

Max's mother was the Mayer of their town and Max was keen to be just like her.

"I've known you since you were this tall!" Kesha protested, gesturing how tall Max had been.

"Kesha, you're bleeding!" Jackie cried, coming forwards.

Kesha panicked then. Scared that they would tell Samantha.

"It's okay, just go and play outside. I'll fix everything," she stammered. "Where's Samantha?"

"Speaking at the top of the road with Demi," Jackie answered.

Kesha thanked her before leaning, hoping to avoid both Samantha and Demi.