[5]▫️AIR VENTS▫️thomas + aris

Imagine...

Aris wants you to follow him through the vents, but Thomas won't let you go without him...

"Follow me."

I squint in the darkness. The boy we had earlier seen in the cafeteria is somehow under Thomas's bed. "Uh- why?"

He puts a finger to his lips. "Shh. Just come."

I decide to follow, seeing as I can't sleep anyway. I crawl under the bunks and follow the boy. I barely make it an inch before I hear Thomas's voice behind me. I turn around again.

"Where are you going?" He is kneeling by his bed, trying to see into the vents.

I point at the boy. "He wants me to follow him?"

Thomas quirks a brow. "So you're just gonna go? You don't even know where he's taking you?"

"No... but it must be important if he called me down here this late. Huh?"

Thomas shakes his head. "Okay, fine. But I'm coming now too."

"No sta-"

"Don't tell me to stay. I'm coming.. just in case."

"'Just in case'- what?"

"I don't trust this place."

I scoff. "I know you don't. Neither do I."

"Then you aren't going without me."

"Really Thomas-" I stop when I hear the boy clear his throat.

He is staring at us. "Are you two done? Come on. You need to see this."

I look back at Thomas. He stays perfectly still as if to say, 'I'm not giving in'.

I huff. "Alright."

-

I follow the boy through the vents, and when I see what's waiting at the end, I'm glad Thomas followed too.

"Those are bodies.. aren't they?" I grimace at the sight, and then hide my face in Thomas' shoulder. "Oh, God."

-

Final edit: 24.10.20