NINETY ONE

Harry Styles

I did not remember how difficult it was to move into a new place when I finally got my penthouse. As soon as it happened, it just left my mind and I was all happy once everything was settled. Then again, I didn't have much stuff back then, I just casually bought whatever else I needed seeing as the penthouse came somewhat furnished.

The new house came empty.

Carrington and I have decided to get everything out of the place and we'll just fill it up with whatever we liked. At the time, I agreed and found it to be a great idea, but then we actually went to Ikea and other interior design shops and I suddenly wanted to end my shit. But so, did Carrington.

We both were so fucking frustrated with all the shopping – and the slight tension that still lingered between us – that we ended up finding stuff online and just ordering those to the new address. That just meant neither of us knew what the other ordered because we might not have had the same taste in everything, we kind of just...hoped for the best. I knew I did when I bought the stuff that caught my attention.

Perhaps that was why we ended up with so much baby stuff. Or, should I say, just baby stuff. From clothes to toys to furniture, it was all aimed at our baby girl. When everything arrived and we didn't see a bed there or bedside tables, chairs for the kitchen or a kitchen table, we just stared at each other as we mentally blamed one another then burst out laughing.

But that was all a week ago. And our fight two weeks ago. Which means we have already had gone to the appointment to get the first check-up done. Everything was fine with my girls – although it was still only me who thoroughly believed we were going to have a baby girl. She was absolutely tiny and she hid herself away from us. She was so shy but I knew once she'd be out that'd change pretty quickly.

"Ok, no. That says you need to put that piece by the long, straight one," Carrington tried to direct me in order to put the crib together. I sighed in frustration because the way she told me to do things, didn't work. I had no idea why she even had the booklet in her hands because she had no idea what the fuck she was saying. But me being the amazing husband I was, I didn't even mention it at the start even though it had been three hours since she spat the instructions my way and if I dared to do anything differently, she slapped my head with the paper book.

"Listen. I appreciate you trying to be helpful but I'm not going to get anywhere. At this rate, by the time you're ready to pop Elle out, I will still be here, trying to put this shit together," I turned towards her. The pair of brown eyes I have fallen in love with over and over again, stared right into mine, fire burned behind them, ready to watch me turn into ashes.

"It's not my fault that you can't listen to what I say, is it?" she asked me with a cocky tone. It made me laugh as I ran my hand through my hair. "Don't laugh, answer me."

"I appreciate what you're doing but it's wrong, sweetheart," I explained. As I looked at it, I didn't even feel surprised – the damn booklet was upside down to begin with and she read it from the back to the front. "How about you go and check when the estate agent is coming, hm?"

"Why are you trying to get rid of me?" she asked with her arms folded when I took away the booklet. Lately, she found every chance she could to fight me and whilst I tried to understand that it was due to her hormonal change and all that shit that came with her being pregnant, I knew this was going to be a long ass nine months.

I inhaled deeply as placed my hands on her cheeks. She began to put weight on and it went to her face first. Although, her hips developed little handles too, I didn't mention it to her. She must have freaked out over it but personally, I loved it. Sure, her toned body due to dancing was fucking stunning and it made my head go crazy with way too many sexual thoughts, I couldn't lie to myself when I saw her naked in the bathroom the other night.