TWENTY THREE

Carrington Hill 

Getting my mother to agree to let me go to London and spend the weekend with Harry was a difficult process simply because she didn't know who the hell Harry was. She didn't want to let me go at first because I barely spent a few nights at home after being away for a whole week on a completely different continent. Then I reminded her that I spent four years away from home while I was at university and one of those years was on another continent for work experience.

In the end I got what I wanted – she let me go although she said Harry will have to come up from London to drive me. She also said she'll have a talk with him beforehand. I thought that was fair, I mean I wouldn't have let my daughter get away with a lad I don't know or haven't met once before.

So that's how Harry got to my place on Friday around one pm and sat in the living room with a cup of tea in his hand as he chatted to my mother. It was a sight to see although I knew that if my father would have been home too it wouldn't have been so chilled.

Harry used his charm and basically got my mother wrapped around his finger. I swear she even blushed a little when Harry complimented her and all the stuff around the house.

"So when am I getting my daughter back then?" she asked Harry with a serious tone this time. That got Harry moving in his seat a bit as he was put on the spot and I just shook my head with a small smile on my lips.

"I plan on bringing her home on Sunday night if that's alright with you, Eloise," Harry said and used my mum's first name just like she asked him to. It was so weird. I thought she would make him call her Mrs Hill or something.

"Alright. As long as I get my daughter back in one piece and without a bun in the oven I'm okay with her spending the weekend in London."

I swear I nearly spat my tea out when she said that and when I looked at Harry he was just as shocked. My mum was so blunt sometimes; I guess I got that from her.

"Okay, Eloise, shut up," I told my mum and she just gave me the middle finger. Harry chuckled and I rolled my eyes. Can you's see why I said we're a close family now? This was so normal in the Hill house that I wasn't even surprised when she behaved like that.

"Your brother comes home in half an hour but I have to leave now for work," she told us and she downed her tea. Harry looked impressed when my mum did that and then stood up. "It was lovely to meet you, Harry. Have fun on Saturday and be sure that she won't drink her life away or anything."

"I do not drink, thank you very much."

"And I was your age once. No need to cover this up, my love," she stroked my cheek as she walked past.

"Do we have to wait for Harrison?" I shouted after my mum who went into the kitchen. "Mum?!"

"What?" she shouted back.

"Ugh," I groaned as I stood up and walked to the dining room which was open so it was together with the kitchen. "Do we have to wait for Harrsion? Doesn't he have a key?"

"I'm not sure and he won't pick up his phone so the best thing to do is wait for him."

"Sure," I sighed. "I was hoping you could come see me this weekend, though."

"I'm sorry honey but I have to go to work all weekend. I would love to be there, but I promise I'll try to book myself off when you have the next one, yeah?" she looked at me with a loving smile on her face. I nodded and she pulled me in a hug. "Harry is lovely; I underestimated you when you said he's wonderful."

"Mum, shh," I chuckled and she did the same. "But yeah he is. I love spending time with him."

"I'm sure you do," she winked at me and I swear my cheeks went bright red as I groaned loudly.