THIRTY TWO

Carrington Hill 

In the end my decision was made and went straight to bed as Harry got ready and after a few kisses he left with Niall. Deep down worry hugged me around as I thought of him out and about in a country he's never been to before with alcohol in his system but then again he was a big boy. He was twenty four years old for God's sake I'm sure he knows how to be responsible.

At least that's what I thought when I finally gave up on the little argument in my mind about his well-being and safety.

It could have been around four am when I heard loud banging on my door and it almost made me roll off my bed and onto the floor. My heart was racing as if I had been running the bloody marathon and it took me a few seconds to realise that I had to get up and open the damn door.

And so when I did I was faced with a drunk Harry whose shirt was missing as it hung around his neck and his shorts were muddy if I saw correctly. Niall stood beside him who didn't look much better but as I judged from the way he stood on his legs he was a little more sober than my boyfriend was.

"Dear Lord," I mumbled as I ran my fingers through my hair then rubbed my face with my hand. "What the hell happened to him?"

"I think I'll let him explain that to you," Niall said with a little humour hid in his tone and his eyes sparkled while his cheeks were flushed red. Both of them were a mess. "Willow made sure we drank enough water between drinks but looks like Harry is a lightweight," he chuckled as he kept him up.

"Has he lost his room keys or something?"

"No he gave it to the receptionist before we left but no one was there. And then when they came they couldn't find it and I asked where your room was although I found it weird that you two are in separate rooms but whatever. She told me your room was this and then once I made sure my lady got back to our room safely I brought your model boy back."

"Stop talking, my head hurts," Harry muttered with his low and croaky voice. He huffed as he stepped away from Niall and rubbed his eyes a little. "I need bed to get comfy and sleep. I'm very sleepy."

I chuckled as I pulled him to my side and he instantly cuddled to me.

"Alright that's my que to go," Niall said. "See you two in the morning."

"Yeah, okay, see you in the morning," I smiled. "Thank you for bringing him here and good night."

"No problem, Carrington. Good night."

"Good night, star!" Harry shouted at the man who stood exactly where he had been all this time.

"Shh!" I hushed him with a laugh escaping my lips and so did Niall's. He waved as he made his way towards the lift and I slowly and carefully directed Harry in my room. "Harry, fuck sake, I can't believe you," I talked to myself as I walked him to my bed.

When I took the shirt off from around his neck the material was damp and sticky, my face pulled into a grimace as I kept it between my thumb and index finger and took it to the bathroom. Harry was on his back once I made it back to the bedroom, his hair was a mess and arms were spread out on either side of him.

"You know I think I love my girlfriend," he started to speak and even though he only said a few words I was already gobsmacked. "She's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and met, like, she's beautiful on the inside and outside too," he carried on as he rolled on his side and propped himself up as he let his weight go on his elbow. "She makes me happy and smile and laugh. And I want her to meet my mother, you know? I would even take her to meet my asshole of a brother. He might not deserve it but I'd like to shove it under his nose as a way to show him I can get good things in life and I can keep them because I deserve them. Or at least I hope I deserve my girlfriend."