EIGHTY SEVEN

Carrington Hill

Hospitals had a distinct smell to them. There was no need to be present to know what it smelled like. Everyone just... knew. I didn't have any bad memories that included this place or if I did, I didn't remember any of it. Kids usually have bad memories connected to hospitals but they don't always stay with them unless it was really traumatic.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

Our voices were quiet as the one-word replies left our lips. I had my right leg over my left one and my feet never stopped moving up and down. My arms were crossed over my chest as my phone was between my thighs because I had no bag with me. Harry sat next to me in the chair, busy playing on his phone with his legs wide apart and bent as he crossed his ankles under his seat.

"What if the results come back and, I don't know, they tell me I have a deadly disease?"

"Dunno," he mumbled and then groaned right after it. His head leaned back against the tiled wall, his hands on his thighs as the screen of his phone showed the 'game over' sign. I rolled my eyes.

"Harry," I said his name again which caused him to look over to me. His cheek rested on his shoulder as his green eyes focused on me. Suddenly, he leaned forward and kissed me on the lips then got back to his game. "Would you just listen to me?"

"I am listening," he nodded. "Everything's going to be fine. You won't die."

"You are so not helping," I muttered. He was such an ass. He was not one bit worried. He was sure it was just a virus but then I asked him why were we here to get me checked out and then he said just to make sure.

He didn't say anything after that just continued to play. If there was one thing that annoyed me was how obsessed he was with his phone. Then again, I couldn't exactly complain. I was the same.

Soon enough, we were called back in the room as the results had arrived. The doctor we had was a private one – we were in a private hospital to begin with – but Harry knew them very well. The doctor had to have been in their late thirties.

"Alrighty," she sat down in the chair on the other side of the table. Harry and I sat opposite to her, one of his hands held mine securely and our interlocked fingers rested on my thigh. "There's no need to look so worried, I only have good news to tell you."

The breath I held in quickly escaped my lungs and my tense body posture completely deflated. "Thank goodness."

Harry squeezed my hand a little which made me look at him. He gave me a small, reassuring smile and then the doctor spoke again.

"The blood test we ran showed one thing only other than you being completely healthy. I'm not entirely sure whether this was something you two were hoping for, perhaps working towards, however I am very happy to let you know that you are expecting."

"E-excuse me?" I asked back as politely as I could, the shock in my voice and perhaps whole facial expression was rather clear.

You are expecting.

You are expecting.

You are expecting.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

"That's impossible," I laughed as I couldn't believe what I heard. My grip on Harry's hand went completely loose and I leaned back in the leather chair.

"The test clearly shows that you are one, almost two months pregnant," she confirmed it as she slipped the paper in front of me. I sat on the edge of my chair and picked up the sheet that showed everything. "Seeing as this was not something you had expected to get from this test, I advise you to set another appointment to talk through potential decisions. As of right now, you are five weeks pregnant, like I said, just reached the first week of your second month. You have time to decide however you need to gather all the information you need to know and make an educated decision."