FIFTY TWO

Carrington Hill

We ended up going to a massive Tesco to shop for food and other things we may have wanted. It was kind of busy but not crowded which I was happy about. Right as we walked in, my feet had taken me to the fridge where they had readymade sandwiches, sushi, pastas and things like that.

"You just had breakfast, don't tell me you're hungry again," Harry chuckled next to me as his right arm went around my body from behind, his chin rested on my shoulder.

"I really want sushi," I told him as I reached out for the food. It was a duck one but then I noticed the chicken selection that had California rolls in it and the duck one as well. "Oh, lovely," I mumbled as I swapped and took the bigger plate.

"Since when do you like sushi?"

"I have always liked sushi," I looked at him with my eyebrows raised high in an offended manner. Obviously, I was just messing around.

"Sure, whatever you say, sunshine," he sighed as he let the topic go and he walked next to me to look at the butties on the fridge shelves.

After he got whatever he wanted as well we walked further into the shop. Harry leaned forward on the trolley as he pushed it while I walked next to him. I only had my phone on me because I couldn't be bothered to bring a bag so I just slid my card in the case of my phone.

I linked my left arm with Harry's and I leaned into him a bit. He nudged me a bit and I groaned at that which then caused him to chuckle.

"What are we getting?" I asked him as my eyes travelled into the trolley that only had a bottle of water, a butty and my sushi in it so far.

"Well, we need something to drink, probably bread and something to put on that. I think we should get some fruit and like veg then we also need to get a pack of condoms because I only have like, two left in that box."

"Alright," I responded. "Can we get strawberries and Nutella and make pancakes?"

"Sure, but you're gonna have to make it," he said while his hand wandered on my back when he stood back up properly and walked past me. "And then once you made it, I'll eat it all."

"No you will fuck off if I'm making it," I said back after we began walking again.

"That's just plain rude if you ask me."

"I am just plain rude if you didn't know."

"What did you say the other day to me?" he laughed out as he tried to remember. I looked at him curiously, a slight smile on my lips as I waited for him to carry on. "Oh, right. 'We been knew.'"

That made me laugh and I had to put my hand over my mouth to control my loudness. It surprised me so much that he remembered and used it at the right time because honestly, Harry was not a social media savvy. Sometimes he even needed me to explain to him what a meme meant if he wasn't sure or didn't have a clue.

"You make my day, you," I put my hand on the back of his neck and pushed my fingers through his hair from the bottom. His head turned towards me and he puckered his lips as he asked for a kiss. I leaned down and gave him a peck then kept my hand where it was until it slowly slipped away and my arm hung from around his neck.

We made sure to walk through every isle after that to get everything we wanted – probably a bit too much for the time we had left in Scotland. Once we were done however Harry insisted on paying for everything which I didn't want to agree to at the start then it was too late to say I'll nip in so I ended up opening my sushi and just eating that while he packed.

On the way back to the lodge I was the one feeding Harry while he drove us home. It was the funniest thing ever because whenever a crumble would fall on his lap he'd go on a rant about how irresponsible I am then I'd shut him up by pushing the sandwich against his lips and so he had to take a bite.