TWELVE

Carrington Hill

I have never in my life spent a full day at a spa so it was a lovely experience to do that with Mia on my side. By the time it was dinner, both of us were starving despite the fact that we had little snacks here and there throughout our relaxing activities.

While we got pampered, not a single thought came to my mind regarding Harry and so I was glad. Most of the subjects that Mia and I talked about were nonsense; we actually jumped into one thing then went straight onto something else. She never mentioned Aiden or Harry and I never mentioned any boys either. Well, apart from my little brother who I had a chat with last night but we didn't speak of him much.

Considering we were basically starving to our deaths, after we took a small shower at the spa place, we ended up going straight to the restaurant by our rooms. We had our bikinis on for most of the day so our clothes weren't smelly or anything.

"Hello ladies," Aiden was the first to greet us at the table, his voice cheerful and a huge grin rested on his lips. He hugged his wife tightly and I just sat down, completely ignoring them.

I bet they couldn't wait to get back to their rooms and just have sex since they were separated from each other all day. That made me pull a face and I shook my head a bit as I pulled the menu to myself then opened it.

"How was your spa day, Carrington?" Linda asked me whose voice came from ahead of me. She sat opposite to me, an orange coloured cocktail rested in her hand as she sipped into it here and there. "Mia mentioned this morning that you two might take the day off and jut chill out for a bit."

"Yeah we did and it was amazing," I smiled at her. "You should check it out with Max before we leave; it's honestly the most wonderful place to relax."

"I'm sure it is," she chuckled. "Although we are in Hawaii and that's pretty relaxing in itself, I still feel sort of tense, I just think it's from all the planning and stress that came with the wedding."

"Mum, I told you that Aiden and I could handle most of the stuff," Mia butted in our conversation which got both of our heads turning in her direction. She had a knowing look on her face as she sat between her husband and me.

"Yes, I know that," Linda said with a strong voice as she stated her thoughts. "But I wanted to make sure that everything was under control and happened the way everything should have. It all turned out quite good, right?"

"Sure did mum," she laughed. "You, dad, Tom and Brittany outdone yourselves and we are all really grateful for that."

"Of course, honey," Max joined our conversation with a proud and happy smile on his manly features. "You deserve the best and that is what you'll get, always."

"Oh my god, dad, stop, I'm gonna cry," my best friend put her hands over her heart as she tilted her head to the side a bit with a happy pout on her lips.

Dinner was lovely up until I noticed Harry sitting on the same side as Mia's mum and dad. He was in a deep conversation with someone, smiling and laughing and then just as I looked at him accidentally, his eyes locked onto mine. I really did not look at him on purpose, to be fair I didn't even know he was at the table.

I licked my lips as I put my fork in my bowl once I finished my salad. It was a Caesar salad with roasted chicken in it and it was the nicest salad I had in a while. Or maybe I was just too hungry and that's why it tasted good. Either way, it was tasty as hell and it filled me right up.

Linda and I must have been the last people to leave the table after many many cocktails gone. It was weird how close I was with Mia's mum but at the same time it wasn't because I've always spent a lot of time with her family and so did she with mine.