SIXTY

Carrington Hill

Few weeks later

So, my brother had a girlfriend. For over two months and mum, Harrison and I only found out about it when we officially met her for the first time at Christmas. She was lovely, very shy which made her the complete opposite of my brother, but she was really nice. We hit it off right away although I could tell she found me too much. Me, my mother and my brother. Lesley had to tell me to back off, like, twice when he introduced her to us because I was so excited it intimidated her. 

It was so weird to see my brother with someone who he cared for so deeply but also really nice because he deserved the happiness this girl was giving him. Seeing them together made me miss Harry so much more than I already did so when it was finally time for us to get home, I couldn't wait to land in England.

We flew back to Manchester, where Harry was waiting for us at the airport. He had Dale with him who was obviously in presence to keep him safe in case anything happened. My mother was the first one who hugged him, since my boyfriend quite literally went in for a cuddle first. Then it was Harrison, who could barely keep his eyes opened and finally, me.

"Welcome home, babe," he grinned at me once I pulled away from our hug. I lifted my arms around his neck with the ends of my scarf in my hands so when he kissed me, it worked as a wall around us.

His lips felt like heaven. They were soft and warm, his scent filled my nose and lungs as I inhaled him. I sighed into his mouth when he pulled back, my eyes flickered up to him and I smiled, widely, as his green irises stared back at me. He looked a bit different, to be fair it was probably his hair, which was almost as short as it was in Dunkirk. Then again, it might have been as short.

"I missed you so much, bub," I told him as my cheeks heated up under his gaze, my bottom lip was caught between my teeth as I properly lowered my weight back on my feet.

"I missed you lots and lots," a grin spread across his face then kissed my forehead. "Alright, let's get going," he said after his eyes discreetly looked around and he took a hold of my hand.

Dale had my mother's and brother's suitcases while Harry was pulling mine. Harrison wasn't feeling too good, poor kid swallowed some kinda virus while we were in the US. Once we got out of the airport, we got in a black van, with tinted windows and everything. The chauffeur put our stuff in the back while us four got in the car and Dale sat at the front. Harry and I were sitting facing the front while mum and Harrison were backwards, my brother laid out flat on the seats, his head on our mum's lap.

"Are you coming back to ours?" I asked Harry quietly once we were on the motorway on the way home. Mum and Harrison fell back to sleep, at least both of them had their eyes closed.

"Yeah," he answered, his lips pressed against my forehead as I cuddled up to his side. "My car's there and everything. I kinda lived in your house, you know," he chuckled lowly and I smiled at what he said. Surely, mum asked him if he could look after the dogs while we were away and even though Harry was a really busy man, he said yes.

"What did Caitlin say to you taking the dogs with you when you had a photoshoot in town?" I asked him because he never told me about it. He only facetimed me for a little while that day asking me if it was alright and then later on when the shoot was happening. Also, he had to be in London at times, but when he was free, he always stayed the night at mine.

"She wasn't that bothered, to be honest," he answered. I hummed. She better not have been because if she has a problem with my dogs then imma have a problem with her, too. "My mum loves Leo though. She barely wanted to let him go this morning," Harry told me and I giggled.