EIGHTY ONE

Carrington Hill

I kind of put my life on hold for a hot second after what had happened with Harry because I felt it was right. I told him I would help him because I always want the best for him and I wanted to stay true to my words.

That is why I had a few things planned he didn't know of just yet.

Tonight, was all about him though. At least for me, it was. He got an invitation to some kind of launch party where he had asked me to come the day after we talked things through. I of course, said yes as it was a public outing and after all the cheating rumours, I knew we had to clean up our, but mostly his, image.

Brands were really careful with who they worked with for correct reasons. I mean I wouldn't work with someone who is associated with negative stuff because that would reflect on my business, too and essentially lose out on many customers.

It was a kind of fancy event so it meant I had to put a little bit of effort into my look. It was likely that the media would be all over us considering that Harry and I hadn't been out in ages together and in all honesty, this was the first event where we would be seen since the rumours sparked up. We lived our lives on the downlow and kept our relationship right there, too. It felt nice and comfortable to keep everything between us like it was meant to be.

"God damn," Harry commented as he whistled a little when he walked into the room. He had been downstairs until I got ready and he was just watching the telly. I liked to get ready on my own because whenever he was around, I always had to explain everything to him. Mainly when it came to makeup seeing as he was clueless for the most part. He also liked to play with my things and get them all over the place which was cute and entertaining in general but I despised him doing that when I was short on time. "You look fucking good. Shit," he carried on with the compliments which I happily rolled around in. His choice of words made me chuckle as I hooked my earrings in where they belonged then twirled around to give him a full 360 look.

"Are we feeling red tonight or are we feeling red tonight?" I asked with a grin on my lips. I walked closer to him and placed my arms around his neck whilst he snuck his behind my back. "Looking at you, I might be a little overdressed, huh?"

"It's better than going underdressed, isn't that right?" he smirked as he inched closer to me until his lips were on mine. My eyes fluttered closed as I enjoyed his warm lips touch mine in a soft kiss. I felt him smile during it and it caused him to pull away which made me whine quietly. I got on my tippy toes to press single kisses on his lips with my eyes still closed but I sensed him move away with each of my actions. "You've been craving a lot of my attention lately, haven't you?"

"I always crave your attention," I admitted right away. There wasn't really anything that I hid from Harry, if anything, I gave too much information sometimes. To the point, where I usually wondered when he will leave me for knowing things that he probably shouldn't. "I just love you a whole lot and we will be around people tonight so I can't exactly kiss you whenever."

"Yes, you can," he furrowed his eyebrows at me as he pushed my hair off of my shoulders. I wore a red jumpsuit that completely hugged my body and stuck to all my curves. It had a sports bra back and a nice cleavage, tighter around my waist and ended just a little above my knees. I paired that with nude-ish heels. "Just because we'll be with others doesn't mean you're not my fiancé."

"That's not what I'm saying, silly," I chuckled and let my eyes run up and down his pretty basic outfit for the night. He had a pair of black skinny jeans on and a same coloured shirt, his feet hidden in a pair of Gucci boots he recently bought. "You know showing too much PDA is not my thing. I don't really want that kind of attention tonight."